My Install

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

By the way thanks for taking the time to help out with the noise issue.
Now I can move onto the fun stuff that I can show off and people see.
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

Starunit10 pm sent
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

I'm not sure what caused the noise still. But one of the big changes I did in the wiring was run all the signals at the back on top of the amps and all the power and grounds at the bottom along the floor.
Starunit10

Re: My Install

Post by Starunit10 »

replied
Collection Growing..........
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

seperating the power and ground really should not matter. If you think about it, the body being the ground you have run your rca's right next to half of the power system but yet for some reason I have seen it work with my own eyes.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

I'm thinking I might have time to start my rear door panel/enclosure today.
Wish I had a set of 8" so I could start the front doors.
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

Does anyone know the driver specs for the ti5 driver?
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Drock wrote:Does anyone know the driver specs for the ti5 driver?

http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manua ... Manual.pdf

These?
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

Thanks. That's what I needed. I want to build an enclosure in door panels. Trying to figure out how much volume I need.
jbob0124

Post by jbob0124 »

Anytime.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

Drock wrote:Thanks. That's what I needed. I want to build an enclosure in door panels. Trying to figure out how much volume I need.
Tupper ware with a little sound damping can make for good enclosures or for some molds for some out of fiberglass.
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

Finally, I found a local shop that had some hertz 8"subs low profile for my doors. Now I can start work on the door panels. Has anyone ever used the hertz brand? I had not heard of them before. But the shop hear say they are a higher end product.
00goobs

My Install

Post by 00goobs »

Drock wrote:Finally, I found a local shop that had some hertz 8"subs low profile for my doors. Now I can start work on the door panels. Has anyone ever used the hertz brand? I had not heard of them before. But the shop hear say they are a higher end product.

Hertz is a pretty expensive brand. I've read a lot of good reviews about them, but could never justify the cost of an expensive component set by them.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I have never heard a bad thing about them as long as you could afford them. Supposed to be one of the latest and greatest high-end lines.
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

Great. Thanks. Picking up a few of the eight's today.
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

Got my jbl ms8 install finished today. Looks pretty good. The monitor fit just perfect I think.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340251788.228383.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340251788.228383.jpg (44.55 KiB) Viewed 9236 times
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

looks good I am going to do something similar with my air-ride display.
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

Can't wait to get home today. Going to wreckers tomorrow to find some inferior door panels so I can start building my door enclosures this weekend. I'm debating weather or not to bypass the component crossovers and let the ms8 processor control the three way system.
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

Ok, I have another dilemma. The ms8 works great. I love it. But it seems I lost a fair amount of output. I'm sure the problem is that my head unit is 4v ore out. And the ms8 is max output of 2.8. I know that a line driver should be installed as close to h/u as possible, but I'm thinking putting one in after the ms8 to to gain that bit of out put back.
What does anyone think about doing this?
davewaibel

Post by davewaibel »

if your using the elite tweets, they are already fragile with the crossover they have, running them active with the ms8 is flirting with disaster- they pretty much dont exist, and if you use the morel 23 as a sub, your looking at almost 400 for tweeters- just a word to the wise
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

Good to know thanks. Don't want to do any damage. Especially after the trouble I went to acquire the ti's
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

you realize putting the line driver after the ms8 not only will you amplify any noise picked up prior to it but you will need a line driver for each rca output to each amp, and need them matched to get the sound right? I am not sure why you don't want to put it before the ms8 if you suspect the low output is because of a low input though...
00goobs

My Install

Post by 00goobs »

If the MS8 processor is close to the head unit, I'd use the line driver after the MS8. I think if you keep the RCAs short to the MS8 there will be less chance of noise and you can amplify the signal,out of the MS8.

If the MS8 is rated at 2.something volts out max, you shouldn't use the line driver before it. But you know this already. Just install the processor for the MS8 and the 6channel line driver near the head unit...
Drock

My Install

Post by Drock »

Sorry if I was not clear. My h/u is an avic z1 with 4v preouts. Rca's are about 10' to the ms8 mounted on the rear wall behind the seat. The ms8 is max preout 2.8v. Therefore the ms8 has lowered the signal preout to the amps. My thinking was If I put a PG 6 channel one driver just after the ms8 ( I know this is not ideal setup) which has up to 8v preout, it will bring the preout signal back up. I have done pretty much every thing I can do to ensure that the signal from the h/u is clean. Also one of the features of the ms8 is that it will clean up the signal going through it.
The main reason for doing this is to be able to bring my volume up without having to max out the h/u volume to get the same output I used to get at 50% volume before I put the ms8 in.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

anything that is added to the signal chain will just naturally add a little noise to the system. That goes for the ms8, the line driver, anything that has another connection in the chain really. Do not try to trick yourself into thinking that the ms8 will clean up the signal, really all it does is modify and seperate the signal, and again add a small amount of noise as well. As long as it is a quality componant the noise should be low and hard/impossible to hear but to go around telling people that your ms8 is cleaning your signal, well it just ain't right.

I see your delima with the voltage output. I know everyone went nuts on the ms8 when it came out(like we do with every digital-signal processor originally) until we start to find out what isn't liked about the system. Not sure what to tell you as mounting the line driver in the back, well that just ain't right either but should not be a problem if everything goes right.