My Jukebox

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Starunit10

My Jukebox

Post by Starunit10 »

Hey phorum people, not sure if we have a spot for these yet , but it seems more n more people have or are doing sound boards. Recently here in Canada we had a long weekend and I finally decided to build mine.

My focus was on the Outlaw that I have and wanted to show it. What describes and outlaw shape???.......Player piano! So my "Jukebox" kinda resembles a player piano that you would find in a old west salon.

My list of equipment is:

Pioneer
DEH-P825- Head unit
CDX-P5000- 50 Disc changer
CD-RB20- Aux input adapter
TS-A1604C- Mid and Tweeter combo

Phoenix Gold
Tantrum- EQ-15
- White DD5
- Bass Cube
Black RMD
Zero Point power and ground blocks
2 Xmax 10

and my custom shrouded neoned Outlaw.
The front general idea.
The front general idea.
The control panel
The control panel
My custom shroud with neons.
My custom shroud with neons.
The custom shroud I made for the outlaw
The custom shroud I made for the outlaw
The lower power panel
The lower power panel
sub box lights.jpg
The sub boxes are pre fabed, just didn't know what I wanted to do with the subs so I found theses used boxes online. They already had the speckle paint and mirrors, so I added lights. Blue neon at first, wasn't bright enough so i added white leds to the top of the boxes.

I'm happy with it. Its pretty loud. Every thing is 4 ohm now, tested at 2 ohm on the sub and neighbor called by law ???

Of course like most projects, this one is not done yet. I am going to add my Sirius module, a pair of matching 6 x 9 's , and the sidearm aka; my bandit with fans and shroud!

I could have added the bandit to the outlaw and made it longer , but everyone that see's the outlaw is aawwwed by its size! So as not to take away from the outlaw by adding pieces , the bandit will go on the side.

Thanks for lookin! will update later....hope you enjoy
Phoenix Gold Forever!.JPG
Collection Growing..........
Drock

Re: My Jukebox

Post by Drock »

Sweet. Nice job.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Here's mine. :twisted:
Attachments
2012-10-24 15.44.40_resized.jpg
2012-10-24 15.44.54_resized.jpg
2012-11-23 13.00.31_resized.jpg
2012-11-23 13.00.57_resized.jpg
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

nice , thanks Drock, any guess on when the ti board pics will come? after all whats a fancy new garage without a bitchn boombox in the corner ?
Drock

Post by Drock »

Started planning it out yesterday. I hope to build this weekend coming up. I'll post build pics for sure.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

That's an awesome jukebox, I love the idea of the Outlaw for a piano wild west theme. My OCD is commenting here, but I'd consider switching out the white DD5 with a black one. I know they're more rare, but it seems to draw attention away from the Outlaw.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

Thank you, exactaly what I was aiming for ! As for the white 5 , I have to agree with you. If only I knew of someone close to me who has a black one and wanted a white one........... :hmm:
Starunit10

Post by Starunit10 »

@dvnt88 what did you do with the back of your mids? enclose them? freeair?
Drock

Post by Drock »

I have one more black dd5. Last one.
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Starunit10 wrote:@dvnt88 what did you do with the back of your mids? enclose them? freeair?

They're enclosed ...about 1.0cuft^3 space for both the mid and woofer. The set is a pair of CDT TW-25 tweets, M6 mids and M6+ running in a 3-way set up off the 100.4. Sounds phenominal with the TI12 running sealed off the 600.1 ...neighbors hate me, but gotta show the PG love.
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Pretty sweet guys. Has anyone ever thought about building something like this in 7.1 Surround sound? My next big project entails a home theater room that is going to run off a custom built desktop computer with several TB of hard drive space so I can store all the BluRays on the hard drive, and have a pair of cyclones as the sub system. Beyond that I haven't put a lot of thought into it.

I wonder if PG car amps could be integrated into that, and the surround sound processor could make them sound right?
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Very cool!

I assume you might be hinting at me since i live like 10 min away. What would it take to do a trade on your white DD5 for my mint black one? I have been thinking about sending you a msg on this subject, lol. Let me know. I have what you need, you have what i need. Seems like a no brainer.

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces