2013 Sti

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Phoenixcolt

2013 Sti

Post by Phoenixcolt »

My install is nowhere near as elaborate as most on here, and isn't as Phoenix Goldy as my old Dodge Colt back in college :lol: , but I wanted to share it anyway since I have finally gotten back to a decent setup.

I have been going very stealth on my install, but it sounds excellent, is secure, looks clean, and doesn't take away much of my usable storage in the car.

I have had a 2009 Wrx and 2011 Wrx, but just like a lot of other Subie enthusiasts, I always kind of wanted an Sti so I was hesitant to do anything very involved with my system in the WRX's because when I could work an Sti into my budget, I knew I would upgrade. Finally got into an Sti this past December.

INA-W910 for the source.

Already had Audio Integrations single 10" FG enclosure from the WRX's so I am currently still using it in the Sti with an RSDc102 powered by an HD1200/1 set to about 3/4 of the output it has to offer. I also have an Audiocontrol Overdrive Plus on the sub amp. That is currently hidden in the glove box.

Just sound deadened the doors a few weeks ago. The outer door skin is about 75% covered with Dynamat, and the inner door skin is 95% or so covered with Dynamat, I used aluminum mesh over the large holes of the inner skin and Dynamatted over them. I used Ensolite IOU peel and stick over the Dynamat on the inner door skin, but I neglected to use any Dynamat or Ensolite on the Door Card so I do hear the tiniest rattle with certain bass heavy songs that I need to fix soon. It shouldn't take long to get the door cards off again and hit them with some material. I am using RSD65cs components in the stock locations. When everything is buttoned up, I have the stock tweeter sail panel installed. The RSD tweets were a little bulky for the sail panels but I made it work pretty well with the ol' Dremel.

The components are being powered by 2 channels of an HD600/4. I have them high passed at 50Hz and I am using the RSD passive crossovers...again hidden.

I will probably try to hide the little bit of wire you can see under the amps more, but I need to pick up some wire loom first.

Overall, I am pumped to be back into Car Audio, and already have a simple enclosure for a Ti Elite almost done which I will post later, and a second RSDc102 to add to my existing one if I need more than 12" of bass down the road or just want to change it up!

I also have my wife nearly sold on a simple install of my RSD12 and RSD500.4 in her Mazda 3 8) .
Rides History-www.cardomain.com/id/HotColt22

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
todd217

Re: 2013 Sti

Post by todd217 »

nice and clean
LowandLoud

Post by LowandLoud »

Very clean. This gives me some good ideas about my honda install :)

LL
Always looking for:

Install accessories
LE amps
Processing
Unique pieces
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Changed it up a while back since I wanted another 10 to combat the Subie exhaust note. As much as I love that exhaust note, I still want to hear the bass over the exhaust,this setup enabled that and allowed me to preserve a decent amount of trunk floor space. I stacked the JL amps when I tucked the dual enclosure. It came out ok, but nothing beats the cleanliness of the Audio Integrations enclosure in the corner.

I may need to experiment with some different 10s when I raise the cash since I would rather have that single 10 back in the corner. If you know of any single 10s that might have greater output at 1000-1200 watts than a single Rsdc, PM me some brands and models, I have been out of the sub game for a long time.

I still prefer the sound of the Ti12D Elite over the 2 10s, but the enclosure I built for the Elite was way too intrusive so I think I am going to carpet it in Subie colors, and maybe throw it in a few weeks at a time in the warmer months for a little pop at the meets and shows.

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12
Drock

Post by Drock »

Digital Designs makes nice 10" that will take that power. As

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dvnt88

Post by dvnt88 »

Image Dynamics IDMAX is insane as well as tight and clean ...have been running a single 10D4v3 off the sub channel on my Elite.5 and is just ...just ...incredible output for a single 10 (1000wrms, 1800 musical / peak).
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
Phoenixcolt

Post by Phoenixcolt »

Thanks guys, I will check out the specs on both of those.

JL HD1200/1
JL HD600/4
ID XS65
IDMAX 10D4 V3

On Tap/Stash:
DQS+DDC
Ti12D Elite
RSd12