Jetta Install...

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Jetta Install...

Post by Eric D »

I am helping out an old Soundbuggy customer with his install in a Jetta. So far I gutted his Punch 200ix amps and replaced the power supply MOSFETs, plus he had them powder coated to match his car.

I helped him come up with a box in the spare tire well, and he will be running 3 JL 8W7s.

brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

wow now if he would sand the top and polish it those amps would look sick.

wouldnt believe how many i did back in the day.
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

I owned a set of three RF amps which were sanded and polished on the top (250.2, 50.2, and 400.4 all with links). In photos they looked sweet, so I went ahead and bought them. In person I did not like the look of them at all, so I turned around and sold them. This guy may like that idea, but I am not so sure. Now, fully polishing the amps really looks great in my opinion.
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

looks good eric...keep us updated please.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Where did you find those 8W7's? I've been looking for one for quite awhile.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

I know a guy that has one in a 1 cf ported box off of the JL 250/1 hitting 138s in a newer Dakota. HIGHLY IMPRESSED! 3 of those sealed should kick some ass. BTW, he's selling his w/the box. $400 + S&H Although I feel it's steep price, but I will vouch that it is in mint condition and only used for 2 months.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

These 8W7s were bought off eBay, the only source we could find. There are no more JL dealers in our area.

We hooked these up to a bd1000 today for testing purposes, and I am not too impressed with the output. I am very impressed with the quality low bass, but I thought it would be a bit louder considering the displacement.
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Yes, but they're sealed. Port those bitches and they'll amaze you.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998