elite five, elitecomps, elite12

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

elite five, elitecomps, elite12

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

I Decided to install the elite5 and 12 in my car, first gen is
Box is two cubes sealed and doors are deadened and new mount were made.
Amp will have beauty panels soon. This system was to audition the products.
No real build pics cause the box was made same way my first elite box was done.

My reviews later after I tweak it
Attachments
20131018_195633.jpg
20131018_195633.jpg (178.69 KiB) Viewed 6493 times
20131020_145602.jpg
20131020_145602.jpg (182.08 KiB) Viewed 6493 times
20131020_143630.jpg
20131020_143630.jpg (121.99 KiB) Viewed 6493 times
You may have subs in your car........but my doors sound better!
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Re: elite five, elitecomps, elite12

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

okay everyone~!

I will give you a evaluation in a bit. to start off i wanted to let you know what the system consist of

kenwood kdc-155u (yeah yeah I know. but my daughter needed USB)
alpine ERE-G180

now i had an alpine cda-9835 in here before( time alignment, seven band eq as well as xovers) its a nice deck
when i installed the kenwood headunit I could tell the difference right away, at that time i was only running a ms250 to a pair of JL xr six point fives componants.

this kenwood deck lacks detail as well as dynamics but i expected that much from the unit.

Last night when i finished putting the elite gear in car i lit her up and well for a lack of a better word it was horrible.

but i basically started tuning the amplifier (which by the way there really is not much to tune), set gains, xovers, and then worked my way into car and started tweaking the mids.

my mids are bridged off the front/rear channels of the elite five and sub is running of course off the sub output. after some playing around and setting deck to default( gotta love kids and the bass knob).

so now i will start by letting you all know that this amplifier in my ears doenst color the music one bit. listening to mp3s and ipod music was well horrid. BUT i could hear every nuance in the crappy sample rates or just the crappy download quality.

so I popped in a Samantha James CD and OMG i was shocked. GUYS this amp is really NICE. since i bridged the componants I have mucho headroom and it shined. my doors are so dead and sealed that when i run the doors full range i can play down to 30hz no problem and it actually fills the car with bass. now don't get me wrong if i crank the hell out of it they will pop but they handle pretty well before giving out. if i stand outside of my car with just doors playing it sounds like i have a small sub in car...NO joke!

so i set my xover point for mids at about sixty and liked the response i got, now i started playing different tracks and the elites even though loud didn't fatigue my ears with Treble, actually they have good midrange response with a smooth blend to the higher frequencies. overall i will probably find myself listening to my doors with out subwoofer on.
elite componants sound very good for there price range and seem to do better then some of higher quality. i actually like them for there smoothness yet massive amount of midbass.

if i put rap or other regular music the elites do a fine job at playing the music, they don't seem to be as high frequency sensitive as my JL XRs.

sum it up it i really like the sound of the elite amp and the componants.

Now to the subwoofer.. again elite 12 in 2.o cubes sealed. reason i went a little bit bigger was to get a little bit more low end out of it.
earlier i had posted my opinion on the bandpass/ported boxes for the elite so now comes the sealed box.

I LIKE IT. very responsive, quick, smooth and it plays low bass really well. i wish i could give it more power but i am running a dual four ohm coil. The sub blends really well into the mids and i crossed over the sub at about 55hz

It fills the car warmly with bass and plays all music well. if i give it some boost at 30hz it delivers with authority and clarity. those that know me know i am an A/B amp kinda guy but the sub out on this amp is pretty NICE.

the overall sound of the system is really good. I am gonna get my Old alpine deck back and put it in the car to see if i can hear an improvement. ill keep you all posted.

I can really say that i will enjoy this system and it plays all music really nicely and i must say smoothly. keep in mind all my eq settings are always flat.

when i get my other deck in ill start playing with equalization and i know that i will get it to be more of what i like

thank you and if you have questions about the product please just ask.

BTW my coworker purchased and elite 5 and is running Morel tempos front stage and two maximo 8s ported in a Silverado. He even was impressed with how the amp sounded and this is coming from someone who has ran tru tech coppers, misconi amps and the new soundstream reference.

good job PG and i look forward to running my elite 4 in my other car.
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

I had an Elite.5 and then upgraded to an Elite.1 and Elite.4. I also had 2 sets of the Elite comps when I switched amps. You wouldn't believe it, because I didn't expect it, but going from the rated 125x4 on the Elite.5 to the 150x4 on the Elite.4 really wakes those speakers up. I've since added a third set and am running the front channels at 2 ohm. I think you'll enjoy the hell out of that 4 channel when you get it installed.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Drock

Post by Drock »

I am also running an elite.4 at 2ohm with three sets of the ti5 and ti6 comps. I love the .4.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Are the comps active or passive?
Drock

Post by Drock »

I'm running passive at the moment.
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

I have my elite bridged to my elite componants. 300 watts per door. cant wake them up anymore then that. LOL
Drock

Post by Drock »

Ya, that's pretty awake.
I'm thinking of trying a new set of elite65cs to see what kind of difference there would be vs my old ti elites. Just for shits and giggles, I'm curious.
Treesive

Post by Treesive »

Drock wrote:Ya, that's pretty awake.
I'm thinking of trying a new set of elite65cs to see what kind of difference there would be vs my old ti elites. Just for shits and giggles, I'm curious.
Let me know when you want to try a pair. I have a set lying around here that I just didn't get to using (dyn 242's are just to nice to pull out).
SYSTEM:

Pioneer 80PRS
Us Amps 4300x (Upgrading to Elite.1) On its way!!
Us Amps 400x (Upgrading to Elite.4)
2X Soundsplinter rl-p 12" (Upgrading to Audiopulse lms Ultra 15)
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

so I finally got around to putting in my alpine headunit..yeah big difference. smoother treble and bass seems more real. the elite mids and highs are really growing on me.
I crossed them up to 80 hz so I could get some more volume into them, I do play my trance and chill step loud. I wanted to just add that in car response is very nice and everything blends in so well that I think I will actually enjoy this system more then I wanted to believe(sorry I am a big ported low tuned kinda guy). when I get some time I have to finish walling off my trunk( in other words keep the sound of the trunk from entering car and then I can play with phase of subwoofer.

bright side is music is actually enjoyable and not painful to listen too and I still can put some groceries in back of trunk. when I am done with trunk I will post the pics..

aloha
brenzbmr@sb
Booty Connoisseur

Post by brenzbmr@sb »

I been so busy at work but I managed to get some panels done today.

I will make a floor that will open up into the wheel well. I had removed my spare tire and left it outside for one night at work and
some ice head stole it so I have no spare to put back in there, so I will use it as a sump to put groceries or other things then
put the floor in and bam I have more room to put stuff.

for those with a sharp eye yes the opening for the passenger side hinge is shorter, I will adjust after I finish making the rest of panels, it was like that because I rerouted the wires for the driverside underneath the hinge so the opening is longer.
Attachments
20131117_143750.jpg
20131117_143750.jpg (123.14 KiB) Viewed 6265 times
20131117_143659.jpg
20131117_143659.jpg (139.76 KiB) Viewed 6265 times
20131117_143707.jpg
20131117_143707.jpg (187.51 KiB) Viewed 6265 times
20131117_143734.jpg
20131117_143734.jpg (132.41 KiB) Viewed 6265 times