Cyclone

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
mtnman423

Cyclone

Post by mtnman423 »

I just got two cyclones. This is something that I have wanted since they came out. They will be going in my 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 crew cab. I'll post pics when install is completed this summer. My thoughts and questions about this install is that one of my cyclones is extremely tight when moving it by hand. The other is easy to move. I don't know the history of the subs so I do t know what they have been through. I was told that one was refurbished for shredding something by pg years ago and hasn't been hooked up since. I'm assuming that the tight one is the refurbished one. Any thoughts on this?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Cyclone

Post by ttocs »

I would take them apart and compare them. Two clones in a truck - are you planning on using the bed that is over 6 cubes required for them both?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

They are actually going to share airspace in the back seat. The box that I'm going to put them in is roughly 4.5 cf. the photos that I'm posting is sort of how the instal will look like. It's the basis for the design but will be a lot taller so that I can stack them. One will fire to the drivers side while the other fires towards the passenger side. By using this type of box, I can still use my back seat.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

4.5 cubes for both clones and with the motor structure in the box? That should be interesting. Are you just putting them in the space that you have available or is this a box you had designed to work for both? What other woofer are you going to use to cover above 50 hz?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

I've installed car audio for over 25 years. The box in the pics is the design I'm using but I'm doing the box from scratch and did all the measurements myself. I'm using two kicker 12" solobarics under the back seat. The will be pushed by a pg ms275 and the Cyclones will be pushed by a pg octane 800.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

This is an old install with the ms275 and two kicker 15"s that I had in my 1993 firebird
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

I have tried about everything in getting my cyclone unstuck. Does anyone that has cleaned one have any suggestions? I don't have a vice to use as suggested.
Attachments
IMG_5434.JPG
IMG_5433.JPG
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

So I got the cyclone apart finally. The magnet is broken off in one spot. Does anyone know how much of the magnet can be missing and the sun still work.
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

Instead of using three different forum topics, I will start a new on about my journey servicing my cyclones. Please feel free to follow me on my journey making my clones come alive. I look forward to everyone's comments.
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

Be sure to keep up with my Cyclone journey in the forum. here is he link http://www.phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic. ... 80#p251980
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

So I now have this new obsession of fixing the PG Cyclones. If there is anyone out there wanting to sell one message me. [email protected]
mtnman423

Post by mtnman423 »

Here is a copy of an email that I just got from the new owner of PG. hope it helps out.
Attachments
image.jpg