The Almost Finished Blazer PG Build

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
lukeman269

The Almost Finished Blazer PG Build

Post by lukeman269 »

Here's the lineup:

Sony CDX-GT660UP
PG Tantrum TEQ6
PG RSD 6.5CS (Front)
Polk Audio DXI Coax (Rear)
PG Ti2 1000.4
PG Ti2 1300.1
PG Ti12d Elite
Metal PG Logo
PG RMD
Monster Intellicap (for looks)

I really didn't take too many pics of the build because I just wanted to get it done. But here is the end result.

Got my tantrum EQ mounted where the stock tape player used to be. Still needs some abs plastic to fill in the gaps, but it's mainly for functionality.

I'm running the 4 channel bridged on my rsd comps. Did build outs on my front doors and they look OK. That was my only option because I hacked my door panels up for a different build so I just screwed in some mdf rings for the speakers to fasten to. The screws that hold the mdf ring in place screw into the stock speaker bracket that is riveted onto the door itself so it is fairly solid. I didn't have the time or patience to do a cool fiberglass pod but these will do for now. The tweets are in the dash where the stock ones were. Every now and then on more EDM style music my tweets crackle a bit. I have them running through the passive crossover but it's like its not cutting off the freq for the tweets high enough. Any input would be appreciated. I haven't installed the other set of rsd mids in the rear doors yet, but I am debating on have only mids back there OR to keep my polk components running off my deck for rear fill.....

Wiring needs to be cleaned up a bit so there's no pics of that lol and maybe I will add some fans in the future but I haven't had any issues with overheating and I drove for two hours yesterday full tilt. These class d amps run pretty cool.

Built the box with flared port tubes I got from parts express for 4 bucks each. They work pretty slick and don't take up that much cubic ft inside the box. Box is 2.75 cubes tuned at 34-35 roughly. I really like the sound from this sub in this box. Very solid lows and lots of output! I'm quite happy.

End result is that I am satisfied with how everything looks and that I still have some usable cargo space. I do believe a pair of batteries are in order next. One new one for the front and one for the back. I have a nice little spot off to the right I can make a battery box to secure it and to conceal the wiring. That 1300.1 taxes my electrical system really bad. I also need to get some blue and black/gray power wire to tidy up the wiring going to the amps. I'm using random colored wires I had from previous installs lol.

Any input is appreciated. I'm still learning the car audio world and constructive criticism is a good way to learn what to do better next time.
Attachments
box 2.JPG
box 2.JPG (108.33 KiB) Viewed 9842 times
box 1.JPG
box 1.JPG (82.16 KiB) Viewed 9842 times
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (93.31 KiB) Viewed 9842 times
image1 (2).JPG
image1 (2).JPG (107.44 KiB) Viewed 9842 times
image2 (2).JPG
image2 (2).JPG (86.36 KiB) Viewed 9842 times
image4.JPG
image4.JPG (95.86 KiB) Viewed 9842 times
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (108.35 KiB) Viewed 9842 times
image3.JPG
image3.JPG (116.75 KiB) Viewed 9842 times
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: The Almost Finished Blazer PG Build

Post by ttocs »

my only concern would be the amps getting enough air to stay cool and out of thermal protection. Hopefully you have a fan or two in there to move air or a semi hot day and a long day of playing and I am afraid they will shut off on you.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
lukeman269

Post by lukeman269 »

ttocs wrote:my only concern would be the amps getting enough air to stay cool and out of thermal protection. Hopefully you have a fan or two in there to move air or a semi hot day and a long day of playing and I am afraid they will shut off on you.
Right on! I think I will invest in one or two of those crossflow fans.
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Install looks good. I don't think the Rsd's look bad mounted in the doors like that. How do you like your Ti2 amps? I just purchased a Ti2 1000.4 to run a pair of Rsdc 10's but won't get a chance to begin an install until next year.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
lukeman269

Post by lukeman269 »

I really like them. They look so clean with the smoked plexi. They have plenty of power too. The 1000.4 has a tiny footprint so you will enjoy that aspect of that amp too.
culzero

Post by culzero »

so Luke how is that 12dElite treating you?
lukeman269

Post by lukeman269 »

culzero wrote:so Luke how is that 12dElite treating you?
It's pretty awesome! Very solid low end extension and brutal authority. I want to make a bigger box in the future probably around 3.5 cubic ft. and tune it to around 28 hz to see how nasty the lows can really get.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

lukeman269 wrote:
culzero wrote:so Luke how is that 12dElite treating you?
It's pretty awesome! Very solid low end extension and brutal authority. I want to make a bigger box in the future probably around 3.5 cubic ft. and tune it to around 28 hz to see how nasty the lows can really get.
Search this forum for posts by brenzbmr@sb . He's tested and posted some dimensions that you should consider for that particular sub. He's played around with it a lot!