Newest Install

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Newest Install

Post by bdubs767 »

Heres the Line up...

Clarion Drz 9255
X100.2 to Seas Neo Tweets in the kicks
X200.4 to Seas Excel w18nx IB in the kicks and 2 15" Specail SUBS :) :)
Ill get some pics in a little for you guys, the trunk is done looks simple a clean, the rear deck inside still needs to have it covered but thats simple, the dash is stock and done but I need to add the TLD66 under the dash, but the kicks still need to have their covers made (Im being lazy and avoiding a serious glassing job).

Drz is an amazing deck, has a slight noise issue though as its functional problem w. the deck but it occurs rarely and goes away w/ in a second. C will prob end up takign care of that for me. Features not quite as advanced as the Alpine PXA but in a way I prefer the drz, its clean cut has enough functions to get the job done, and sounds fucking amazing. My two thing agiasnt the deck is this, no eq below 50hz and only slopes up to 18bd.

As for the tweets and mids, they are silly amazing. The sound stage is so center defined its jaw dropping, the depth is awsome, and despite them beign in kicks the height is about shoulder high. The sound seems to feel as if its sitting on my dash. Like for instance the song by Putting on the ritz at the end when the person walks across the stage it seems as if some one is really waling across my dash. The tweeter honestly blows away every compact tweeter I have every used its amazing. The mid is so flexible too right now I have it running them down to 40hz w/0 any problems. I have the mid and tweet cut at 2.5khz w. a 12db slope...

The Specail SUBS are simply the best subs I have ever heard below 40hz. Nothign else needed to say there they are amazing. From 40hz to 50hz they are so so anything above 50hz sounds like shit, pure boom boom.

To sum it up this was suppose to be a downgrade btu when all said and done this hands down blows away all my other installs.
Last edited by bdubs767 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

heres the pics

Trunk

Amps

CD

Kicks

Need to find an unused door panel is very hard :? but once I do Ill put the stock ones on. Down the road I may try to add a 10" sub to the doors to try it out.

Things left to do
1.) Covers for Kicks
2.) Cover rear deck
3.) Glass dash piece for LPL and RMD
4.) Make cover for trunk lid
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Well, for the price the Excels better sound like pure sex!! I have been playing around with my CA18's and it seems like they really don't like when I put them down under 63hrz. If I turn the volume up it just sounds like they lose definition. I'm not sure what I'm going to do next.

Glad to hear it's all coming together!! Maybe someday I can put out the cash and try some of that high end stuff!! :lol:
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

god xenon amps are ugly lol....wish I could hide them. :?:

could always break out the MS babies
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

You're going to HAVE to give me your 9255. I cry wanting one. :pray:
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998