Nissan 300ZX

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
dcavaudio

Nissan 300ZX

Post by dcavaudio »

Here is my ride. All around descent ride. I will post more pics if I run out of space on this post.

Enjoy.
Attachments
Elite 5.25"
Elite 5.25"
elite1.jpg (246.92 KiB) Viewed 7432 times
frontdriver1.jpg
frontdriver1.jpg (202.22 KiB) Viewed 7432 times
PG-LPL44, basscube, volt meter
PG-LPL44, basscube, volt meter
headunit1.jpg (201.2 KiB) Viewed 7432 times
sub1.jpg
sub1.jpg (172.49 KiB) Viewed 7432 times
reardriver1.jpg
reardriver1.jpg (226.89 KiB) Viewed 7432 times
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Wow, that looks awesome.. I love the box, and your speaker install is neat. Did you have any depth issues with the 5.25's? I recently did an install in a 240sx that has the exact same grilles... it was a total pain in the ass.

By the way, if you have done any engine work, make sure to post about it in the "post your ride" section as well!
Last edited by stipud on Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

very nice job! how are you liking the xenon?

awesome color choice too!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

Nice, clean install. Looks great mang.
Boomshackalacka
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

looks good thats a 10" RIGHT?
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

thank you members! 8)

Yes, there were depth issues. The installer had to raise it .5" and use some hardening adhesive/fiberglass product that seals too. The fully enclosed ported factory box in the door panel is very nice. Amazing mid bass!!!!

I had a 89' 240 as well. In order to get better response, musicality, and mid bass custom panel/enclosure is the only way togo. As you know. The cheap way option is to use a baffle. They're.....decent.

Yes, it a 10".

Xenon has worked out GREAT for me and my application. For what it is, it does the job perfect.
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

you paid an installer for this? i'd get your money back... the dash looks less than perfect, the tweeter is mounted flush to the grill, so i am sure it has no positive effects with the imaging, and the box, doesn't match the vinyl, line up with the rear trim pieces, and i don't know if that white line is from a piece of vinyl not cut proprerly

but as long as you are happy then i geuss we are too
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Damn jbondox, if I could show you local installs here you would shit your pants. There's a reason I learned how to do this shit myself. This install looks amazing by my local standards.
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

Oh yeah. For the alarm with remote power windows, fiberglass cover for the amp ( I will post pic), and audio gear.

Yes, I am happy. That all that counts and sharing with the members :lol: 8)
Attachments
xenonamp1.jpg
xenonamp1.jpg (194.82 KiB) Viewed 7407 times
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

stipud, I wouldn't pay for anything that was half assed anymore. i go through it with everyone first. and if it is screwed up, even color matching... I am not paying if i was a consumer, or the customer won't if it was my work...

I had carpet installed in my kids room, the fools came in and stapled the bitch where it met the other carpet and i look down and see 50 freaking staples, no trim piece... I called them up, and said i am stopping payment on the remainder of the balance ($150) $400 for the room, and we paid them a deposit the 150 was the balance. I said they can either refund me the money and come gettheir carpet, or loose the $150 and take me to court. or come out here within the next 2 weeks and fix it. well they never came out, and i never heard from them, however i cut my foot twice, thankfully i wear a sock!
Mastiff
French Poodle

Post by Mastiff »

bondo pull the stapels out and seam it. its not hard just need robinson hot tape ( also called seaming tape) and a seaming iron.
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

jbonbox, the white line is an aluminum edge piece(can be easily powder coated for different color).

I did not secure the box to the rear panels. I want this box to be fully mobile. The slight unalignment is from driving. That means the box will shift slightly.

In a two door vehicle, tweeters should always be mounted furthest away from your ears. In this particular vehicle I wanted to mount the tweeters in the center on axis as much as possible. Like most coax speakers are and have been built since inception. And yes, in a component set-up like this it will affect the imaging if not tuned and placed properly.

The dash.....it is acceptable to me.

Thank you for your input :lol: 8)
jbondox

Post by jbondox »

Mastiff wrote:bondo pull the stapels out and seam it. its not hard just need robinson hot tape ( also called seaming tape) and a seaming iron.
i just threw a mat over the damn thing. I am going to tear it up eventually, it is hardwood floors and it does look decent, i am just waiting till spring
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

300zx

Post by nico boom »

hi; my neighbour bought a nissan 300zx twin turbo last week, and I gave him the address of a friend of mine, who worked at nissan holland.
he's got the info, and tools to cranck it up a bit...
chip-tuning; from 285 bhp to 400 bhp [heavier clutch needed].
flowing the cilinderheads; an extra 150-175 bph.
bigger turbo's; an extra 150 bph.
now that's a car with possabilities!!!!!
do they also do these kind of things over where you live?
they also say that the engine of these cars will survive all this, because they were designed for these options..
great car you have, nice stereo, don't tell me you also have a beautifull girlfriend too..., lots of guys will envy you!!!!
have fun, nico.
zfactor

Post by zfactor »

just sold my 820whp 300zxtt... had prob 60k$ into that thing.. i miss her..
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

Nico, I'm sure there are enthusiasts that do a lot mods. I like to keep mine clean with sound quality. When you have plans to have kids the spending on toys is put on hold for a long time.

My wife, yes she is beautiful. thanks!
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

zfactor, I would miss her too. Please do share some pics. I've been a Z fan since the late 80's.