Thus it begins... The rebirth of the install

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
smgreen20

Thus it begins... The rebirth of the install

Post by smgreen20 »

Having more time off of work then I care to have (unpaid) I'm felling down and worrying about everything. So to help ease this, I'm going to get started on the "re" installation of the stereo.

I'm parking the truck and having a friend take me to and from work so I can remove most of what I need to.

The first step is to do the door panels. I'm glassing the speaker pod right onto the door itself.

Then it'll be off to the amprack behind the rear seat.

Pics will be taken step by step and posted.

Your thoughts, Use the one TREO SSi12 sub ported or even bandpassed off of the ZPA0.5 at 4 ohms mono and get an Audio Control EQS, which I need/want anyway, or use that money to get another TREO SSi12 sub and go sealed w/2 12"s at 2 ohms mono off of the ZPA0.5 moded?

Plus I'm toying w/the idea of using Rhino linning on the outside of the box to help w/the roaming feet by the kids ant to help sound deaden the box itself.
Your thoughts please.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

rhino lyner kicks ass. i should work well.

i would think 1 12 would do the trick...but only you can answer that for yourself!

you and your no picture install threads!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I'd go with a single sealed 12 personally, but I'm not one for boomy bass.
BG_001

Post by BG_001 »

i agree with stipud. go sealed. From experience of having both ported and sealed I was much more satisfied with my sealed box as opposed to my sloppy booming ported. But then again, it could have just been the box maker. He wanted all SPL.
2003 Nissan 350Z
Alpine INA-W900
Alpine Type R 6.5 Comps
Phoenix Gold RSdc 102 (2)
Phoenix Gold X200.4
Box by www.zenclosures.com
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

you can make a ported box sound amazing if you design and tune it yourself. Most specs for ported box from manf. are designed for those big sloppy boom bass.

With that said in the car, the cabin gain will usually give the effect of gains as a ported box would give you in the home.

SO in a car I prefer sealed or IB, in a home I prefer ported, my Aura NS15 worked much better ported then sealed in the home.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?