arthur's car [s.p.l winner on mid's and high's as well]

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

arthur's car [s.p.l winner on mid's and high's as well]

Post by nico boom »

some posts ago, I mentioned a car with eight [!] 6x9 speakers in the doors...
HERE IT IS.
and it was LOUD!! [year 1998].
at that time, c.d's with formula one sounds were just released.
when he played them, with the doors open, it just sounded as if the damn thing just raced through your street.
the interior housed as much 10 " woofers as you could possably get in there, plus a few more...
bold head, "db drag shirt; Arthur.
in the back, right, Leffert [this time with his yellow Van, amazing pics of this thing ,coming up later]
enjoy.
nico
Attachments
artrhur's kadett.JPG
artrhur's kadett.JPG (130.74 KiB) Viewed 2573 times
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Haha... with all those 6x9's, could he still roll down the window? I remember my first install I cut 6x9's into the doors and I couldn't roll down the windows past half way anymore. I didn't have air conditioning in the car either, so it was always very hot!

Ahh... those were the days.
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

doors

Post by nico boom »

If I remember correctly, he first mounted a layer of 40 mm. thick m.d.f on the inside, and cut away almost everything behind it, mounting an electric motor for window operation.
yes, I've been in such doors too, and indeed, my first speaker-pod was awesome, but.... you already guessed.
And it tends to rain a few days here in holland, so they went in the bin.
that really hurt.
I'll see arthur tomorrow, I asked him to bring some pics he has from his creations, and if he has some of leffert's .
hope to amuse you guys with some.
nico.