PG zeropoint 5.25" mids

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
hawaiianbasshead

PG zeropoint 5.25" mids

Post by hawaiianbasshead »

install consists of:

2 PG ZP 5.25"s on the center of my dash, facing the passengers kind of, in a sealed glass pod about .6 or so sealed stuffed with polyfil, hooked up to the mid section on a set of MBQ discuss 2way xovers with the discuss tweets, ran off an old zed us acoustics 2075 or 2080 or something....

in the overly small :lol: sealed pod, STUFFED with polyfil (to make up for the leaks :oops: dash pod) they are VERY accurate, super clean, and pretty much the best front stage I've heard in any car... it definetly gives the presense of a FRONTAL soundstage and helps so the sub can't be localized as easily... my glassworking is pathetic at best. BUT if I resand a little and bondo to make it even... and wrap it in vinyl, it'll be fine... and no I don't care that it blocks half my field of vision, my truck is loud and pretty much says get the hell out of my way to anyone with ears... my flowmaster 40 series is THAT loud... and it goes deep with the aFe stage 2 intake :p but that's neither here nor there... without further ado, here's a quick pic :D

yes, I know the paint is allready cracking LOL.. had it in the sun all day today and it was some cheap paint I had around :( ... I need to vinyl it soon... so we'll see... and I was pretty much in the back seat to take those pix cause the pod is pretty big and it's hard to get it into the picture. I'll take more tomorrow in the day from the back so you can see both my screens too :p :lol: I'm the only idiot I know who'll ghetto rig a decent rig's system....

I could basically use that air volume to house a 10" sub sealed.... it's a little under a cubic foot I believe... I calc'd like .6 or so just 3" or so into the depth from the front... so total may be 1 foot for all I know LOL I just care how it sounds... and the damn basket and motor are so big I had to destroy by pod the 1st time cause it wouldn't fit :evil: I'm good at breaking things though luckily :lol:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Whoah, I thought that was a ported sub box when you were making it. I figured that toy jeep was the size of a real one or something
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

Post by bdubs767 »

your stage width and depth cant be the greatest....I bet the height is amazing along w/ tonality.
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
bladestars

Post by bladestars »

The ZeroPoint sure is great sounding speakers. i use the ZPM 100's myself and love the clarity.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

that is awesome, im glad they went to a good home!
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...