Loud and Ugly- My old SPL van.

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Post by Mackenzie »

cojones

Post by cojones »

Mackenzie wrote:Rms does not mean anything these days. And there is no, i repeat no subwoofer that will handle 8500rms all day long. burps, absolutely Anyways, here is my beast
What standard unit of measurement do you acknowledge? Is there a new way to measure a subs power handling I don't know about? We can't have a proper dick measuring contest if you don't acknowledge the inch as a unit of measure. :lol:
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

When I said rms does not mean anything these days on a sub, I ment in terms of which sub will get the loudest. When going for spl levels, most run many times of what the sub is rated at obviously.. As for your sub, I stand by my statement, no sub will handle 8kw daily, let alone 5kw. The solo x is rated at 5k, wont last period with that amount for daily usage. Either way, my woofer is bigger than yours :lol:
cojones

Post by cojones »

Mackenzie wrote:my woofer is bigger than yours :lol:
Still at it? Okay your sub has more circumference then mine, true. Mine has a bigger magnet, voice coil, Xmax, and "daily power handling" then yours. This conversation is pointless as I own the sub and ran it with 7000+ Rms daily. :roll:
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Thats the lms ultra basket. That shit will not handle anywhere near 8k. Not even half of that power..
drivingdadevil

Post by drivingdadevil »

So no sub will take 5000 daily hmm. :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdCT-eDagtA
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

drivingdadevil wrote:So no sub will take 5000 daily hmm. :roll:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdCT-eDagtA
Funny you posted that, as it may be the only exception. It is based on the lms ultra structure like the op's sub, but its tripple stacked motor, and is much stronger. It is not available as of yet, and it has not been proven to run at 5k daily yet, but I would not doubt that woofer. As for the op, the 8kw rms statement is simply not true. No woofer that I know of will handle that power daily. If you think it can, then send it on my way, and I will get ahold of scottie j, as he has as much power as anyone would need. We will put it to the test. :lol:

Also, apparently you dont know how many times steve mead has blown his btls running them at 4kw each. :lol: A simple vid does not show me that it can handle that power all day every day, for hours on end, with no rest. My sub can handle 5k just fine, maybe not all day, but certainly long enough to make it through that video, and more..
cojones

Post by cojones »

Mackenzie wrote:apparently you dont know how many times steve mead has blown his btls running them at 4kw each. :lol:
Clipping will do that to a woofer. :roll:

Mackenzie wrote:No woofer that I know of will handle that power daily.

Please stop stating your opinions as facts.
:-$ I know for a fact my sub takes 7000+ plus daily. I broke it in by plugging it into the wall for 20 min. You telling me it doesn't won't make me lose any sleep. I don't mind if your louder then me, some one always will be. No matter what you buy, someone out there has something better, deal with it. Stop trying to pit your $300 woofer against my $1,100 woofer. I don't care. Thats why it's sitting collecting dust in my garage.

Frankly, we have been doing the Phorum a disservice with this thread. This isn't what car audio is about, and people with your disposition is why I don't compete in SPL anymore. I found SQ gains you a more mature crowd. I'm done. :-#
drivingdadevil

Post by drivingdadevil »

Cojones you could just let me have that XXX and that will put a end to this. :wink:
cojones

Post by cojones »

drivingdadevil wrote:Cojones you could just let me have that XXX and that will put a end to this. :wink:
Shipping on a 86lb woofer ain't cheap! :wink:
cojones

Post by cojones »

I'll have it in the FS section soon though.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

I am going to keep it short and just say that woofer will not handle 8kw daily. Burps? easily, probably 15k for a burp, and more. Daily, its good for about half of that 8k you listed. We dont agree here, so no need to continue on. cheers
AAMP217

Post by AAMP217 »

lolz
ChaosWarlord26

Post by ChaosWarlord26 »

Wow that's an old thread!
Extreme Goddamn Ouch!!
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

the danger of that fuckin lolz........
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.