96 Ti Blazer Build

Have a cool car stereo? Post your install pictures here! No PG? No problem! Competition grade or sub-in-box setups: ALL are welcome!
cojones

Post by cojones »

I thought that was Fromundacheese...
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Nicknames. That's all it is. Same locale.

Try the vagimite sandwich if you go there.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
cojones

Post by cojones »

Too funny. :lol:
culzero

Post by culzero »

that is awesome
dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

That is a wall of amps!!!!! Can't wait to see the rest of the install.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
OldSkoolRF

Post by OldSkoolRF »

Damn that looks like alot of work. Must have a killer day job.
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

awwww shhiiet, that's a bad build man, 8) i like it, :wink: you need some new tail lights though once you get it all done. :shock:
cojones

Post by cojones »

Picked up another P9 yesterday, The Urals up for sale. Wish I hadn't sold the last one. :cry:
Attachments
101_1071 (Large).JPG
101_1071 (Large).JPG (112.43 KiB) Viewed 9137 times
101_1067 (Large).JPG
101_1067 (Large).JPG (123.11 KiB) Viewed 9137 times
101_1066 (Large).JPG
101_1066 (Large).JPG (122.99 KiB) Viewed 9140 times
101_1075 (Large).JPG
101_1075 (Large).JPG (97.76 KiB) Viewed 9140 times
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

cojones wrote:Man the bass is so cleeeean! I'm not looking forward to gain matching the 1200.1s. Any body have alot of experience with them? I think I'll ask in a new thread...
If you have and know how to use a sillyscope it is not a big deal.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

ttocs wrote:
cojones wrote:Man the bass is so cleeeean! I'm not looking forward to gain matching the 1200.1s. Any body have alot of experience with them? I think I'll ask in a new thread...
If you have and know how to use a sillyscope it is not a big deal.
Not even... a multimeter will do it just fine.

Play a 60Hz tone and match the A/C voltages at the output terminals. Done.
cojones

Post by cojones »

I did that, they all sound different, and the gains are way off from one another. Plus theres boost and boost freq on each amp. I tried with a DMM and two had the gains almost all the way up with no boost. and one was under a quarter turn, all are getting 8 volts of signal. :?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

cojones wrote:I did that, they all sound different, and the gains are way off from one another. Plus theres boost and boost freq on each amp. I tried with a DMM and two had the gains almost all the way up with no boost. and one was under a quarter turn, all are getting 8 volts of signal. :?
Turn boost to 0 on all of them, and boost freq doesn't matter (I leave it all the way down).

Use your DMM on the RCAs first to make sure they are the same voltage. You absolutely must use a 60Hz test tone... music fluctuates too much to get an accurate reading.

Finally, once the gains are matched there, you will want to shoot for sqrt(1400*2) ~= 53 volts out of all three amps. Do them one at a time (disconnect the other amps RCAs) to avoid having them drain the power from the other amps. Test tones take alotta juice!
cojones

Post by cojones »

I did all that to get the original result.
cojones

Post by cojones »

I'm gonna send them out to my guy in Philly to bench and gain match them and engineer a global gain adjustment for them.
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

OMG you are the tri light king
this is going to be :shock: 8)
great when it done more pics!!!!
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
KillerX

Post by KillerX »

Wow how did I miss this install!!!

This is freggin nuts! so worth the 10 mins I scrolled through! Good job!!!

Hey Stipud! I remember you telling me that trick about gain matching and it worked for me, the only thing I had to do is make sure I turned the gain all the way down, shut the amp off then turned it back on and used a multi meter to check. I used it on my 2 ZX500 's

Brad :)
cojones

Post by cojones »

Thanks every body for your input and support. I think its time for a break to get the engine rebuilt and try to fit 3 alternators in this bad boy. I don't want to send it out for motor and paint with the equipment in it. :roll: We don't want this to turn into a horror story.

Paint wise, do you guys think it would be to much if I did a brushed steel paint job, or should I go for a gun metal? I don't want to over do it.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Gun Metal I think....it'll make the amps pop...rather than the same color for camoflauge....if you get my drift...
cojones

Post by cojones »

Yeah, I think your right. But I do like the 2 tone..... I found this while doing my bag research.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3-Ifn5a6PQ

:twisted:
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

So then two tone it! :) I think at best do the top TI steel look, and the bottum the gunmetal...main reason there's more to paint on the bottom.
But then it might look weird...not sure....cuz it'd be lighter in color on top than on bottom...So...again up to you....maybe you can make a mock up....photoshop a pic, with the two colors...and give us some ideas! :)
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

go for a clean mono tone paint job. I wouldn't try painting any "brushed metal" there's no way that will turn out the way you are picturing in your head. DO get a rollpan for the back, new tail lights, new headlights, etc. keep it clean, those blazers have a lot of potential, and are sweet when done right. i would even go as far as keeping it red, or 2tone, your color choice on red. unless you are a) going to paint the jams, engine bay, interior etc, or b) have a red engine bay, red jams, and gunmetal outside?

here's a few ideas with a quick google image search.

cojones

Post by cojones »

Thanks Clark, I like the 2 tone Black on red, makes the window line look continuous.
ClarkW

Post by ClarkW »

might need this will all that power :lol:

cojones

Post by cojones »

I know this is out of no where, but I've decided to go another route and I'm selling all my equipment. You guys have dibbs so let me know if you want any of it. I hope to have it on the Bay by Sunday. Thanks for you support and ideas but I don't think any of this stuff is necessary anymore. Weird, like I grew up overnite. :?
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Mannnn....I sooo wanted to see/hear the end results...I am so disappointed...

But whatever made you make that decision? (if you don't mind me asking) To go a different route, or to thin out your collection and change your build....or if there is even going to be a build?

And In whatever decisions you had to make...We (or at least I) wish you the best of luck.