Anyone running Win7 yet?

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Win7 has been in development since 2001 in the form of Longhorn, Vista, Blackcomb and Win 7... and it's still beta ;)

hehehe.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

... and it kicks vista's ass.

Wow, this rocks.

Login: used to take 10 mins to boot, I would go get coffee. Now there's no point. Login screen is there, CTRL-ALT-DEL gets an immediate reaction.
Shutdown is faster, too. Pics are processed faster (but that's also due to the new version of our software, which, put simply, deals with so many of the performance issues it's a "MUST HAVE" upgrade), graphics works, sound works, network works, PC Suite installed itself when Outlook was running, foobar works and anything that was vista-capable is also 7 capable.

I want this for my own machines, that's how good it is.

Bret
joyride

Post by joyride »

I started running ita few days ago. Ran into some compatibility problems with an antivirus program, but thats about it. My Rhino has been running fine, although I have gotten to test out NXT rendering. My laptop wouldnt run Vista well, but this is going as well as XP.

Im highly considering buying it soon. You can pre order it now through the 11th for half price apparently. It said it was an upgrade, which makes me nervous becasue it would 'upgrade' from XP. I had to fresh clean install it. Wonder if that means the pre order wouldnt work well?
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

[quote="joyride"] My laptop wouldnt run Vista well, but this is going as well as XP. how is the battery life? on vista it seems to suck them dry fast. also how hot does it run compared to xp? vista turns laptops into a heater in my exp.
dry with match
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

FYI windows 7 is Vista, but only what Vista should have been when it was introduced.

I have been running it as my primary work machine for nearly 2 months now and after about 6 weeks I saw it hit the same wall Vista did. Slow boot time, things just randomly hang or lag.

I really like the OS as a whole, but why haven't they actually provided what they promised when win 7 rumors first came out. Like the revised kernal "minwin" or independent virtual processes instead of tied processes.

I my eyes this is an apology up for an ill fated Vista (see winME). The sad thing is those who bought one of the 5(?) flavors of Vista are being bent over for being beta testers at a price, if they so chose to move to one of the 7(?) flavors of win7.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.