need some tips on ripping movies with a mac

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
wash with gasoline

need some tips on ripping movies with a mac

Post by wash with gasoline »

hey all, im still getting familiar with doing stuff on a mac. when im using a pc i just use dvd decriptor and nero recode to put movies on my computer. i like retaining the dvd menu and am happy with the quality i get out of nero recode. i have been messing with my mac trying to get similar results and have not figured it out yet. so far i have been using handbrake and have figured out how to get just the video portion on the computer and am not happy with the video quality yet, still have more tinkering with the settings. ...and it takes forever to do its thing. any pointers on how to retain the menu? or any other programs i should check out? i have toast titanium10 if that helps at all. thanks
dry with match
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

Sorry, not much help as I don't use my mac that much... :lol:
knightrider358

Post by knightrider358 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Current 1 of 2 current installs

HU-Alpine IVA-D310
DSP-PXA-H701
Comps-JL ZR 650
Sub-3 JL 10w6v1ae's sealed
Highs amp-MS275
Mids amp-MS2125
Subs amp-MS2250TA
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I use handbrake for ripping DVDs. What version do you have? Do you have VLC installed?

What quality issues are you having? Are you ripping to H.264? That's what I would suggest.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

i have vlc installed, handbrake 0.9.3, ripping to h.264 with the film defaults, tryed with and without decomb on. it takes FOREVER and whenever there is any motion it goes all blocky. and i still havent figured out how to retain menu function. when i set up more than one file in the que menu it goes threw all of them, but i only get the first one on the list. il try playing with it some more later
dry with match