pa system is starting to take shape

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
wash with gasoline

pa system is starting to take shape

Post by wash with gasoline »

Ive been putting a pa sytem together for the last few months, and its time to make sawdust in the next couple days :D
I was going to make a all hornloaded system but my woofers wont be here in time :evil: so im borrowing some jbl 2242h 18s and makeing a big ported box for them.
I think i am still going to go hornloaded on my top boxes, i might go pic up 2 more 15s tomorrow and have some serious kick drum :lol:
Going to be running a peavey gps 3500 on bass, a crown ce 2000 on kick bass, a carvin dcm2000 on mids and a alesis rs300 on compreshion drivers all running off of a berry dcx2496 crossover.
should make a little noise :D
dry with match
wash with gasoline

Here is what i have done so far
dry with match
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

I see lots of holes. Can you explain the pic?
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

mmmmm biscuits 8)
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Awesome. I've always wanted to build some PA speakers. They seem so much more fun to build than car audio boxes. I must say you are a lot more talented than me with wood though :lol:

Brett, that is the side profile of the enclosure. The back of the trapezoidal areas is where the speakers will be mounted, firing into the horns, which gradually expand out to the front of the speakers.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have that same biscut joiner. I look for any excuse to use it as well.....
wash with gasoline

I spent the day after i posted this working on it some more, but i ran out of time. SO many angles :shock: its on my back burner for a bit but they will get finished...

I also threw together some 18 in reflex boxes in a hurry
dry with match
nico boom
Deus ex MS
Deus ex MS

Post by nico boom »

GREAT WOODWORK THERE!
Nice to see such craftmanship; you've got the tools AND the hands....
I always liked working with wood, and especially when things get a bit complicated, like with constructing a horn-enclosure.
Takes me back to the days I experimented a lot with different enclosure-designs.
Building those things was much more fun than listening to them though.. :wink:
Also love your 18 inch cabinets; very solid and simple way to build them; leaving enough room for the magnet as well. :clap: