anyone use a fluke 87 multi meter here....

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
bogart

anyone use a fluke 87 multi meter here....

Post by bogart »

just bought this today off ebay...didn't really want to buy a used one and I didn't want to get one that wouldn't do everything....this is a cool one...some pulse width testing abilities...

Anyway, wondering if anyone here has used one and what you think of it...says it will test up to 10000uf caps in circuit...if so no need for an esr meter....but i don't know....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWNX:IT

Also bought this power supply since my 20amp took a dive....needed the amp meters on it anyway....I know that pyramid isn't the greatest...but it'll do for rework just fine....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0377735162

So I got enough cash together now to just pay for two classes this term till the feds and the school sort out the mess with my aid.,,,and my bench has now got everything to get going for real.......once it is cleaned up and a bit more organized I will post pics....of what I've been up to.....
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Bogart, all the best with your school endeavors, it sounds like everything else is in place :hurr:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
bogart

Post by bogart »

I can't believe that u found a nesting emotcon...too funny...it is panning out. I've got too take two terms of math to rehash the stuff I forgot 2 months after I took it last time...years and years back. I am hoping to be consistantly repairing amps and have the foundational understanding...well beyond the hey the light is on an sound comes out knowledge. It is hard to sort parts out...that's the worst...with ic's every pin has to match...but I am figuring it out...know enough now to know my bench was not up to snuff so I got the scope and generators...now this...pretty much set. I still need to start ordering the basic parts for stock...but I am confident that with some more time I'll be able to do fairly complicated rework on most amps...burnt a supply and a mm so far but I won't do that again...I am on my phone...sorry for the run on sentence...thanks mate!!!
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

That is a great meter, I used on at my last job for a long time and I like it better than my Fluke 76 I have now.
bogart

Post by bogart »

thanks Eric...I am stoked and can't wait for it to show up....read part of the manual last night and it will do most of the basic scope work but it looks complicated...so I'll have to play with it for a few days. Lots of accessories available for expanded capabilities...better then the one I got from my Dad....old as sears it must be!!!!!