I will be needing a new reciever

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

I will be needing a new reciever

Post by ttocs »

My father and brother informed me that my brother accidently dropped the box that I had packed my onkyo DTX-7 reciever while they were bringing it into the hotel one night. I asked them why they didn't leave it where we had it as I told them to as the alarm would have protected it and they just stared at me. My dad is a phycasist that can calibrate multi-million dollar x-ray and ct scanning machines, and my brother gradutaed in archatecture but for some reason my 2 way alarm with a super easy to read 2-way display was just WAAAY over their heads. I showed them the stupid lock display on the alarm that showed on the keychain that it was amred, and that the two super bright bat signal led were another clue but I guess they managed to set that thing off across 3 states, at on point eve while driving :clap: :idiot: .............

When I asked them to define drop and describe the damage they said it was nothing and should be fine but I can tell they are lying to me so that I will not worry about it although the descibed it skidding across the parking lot........

So, longstory short I have buddy that can get me discounts on yamaha and onkyo recievers. Being that I lost my job, my house and my life is falling apart I can't afford much but was wondering which you would get. I liked my onkyo but didn't love it enough to have to have enother.
Jacampb2
Mad Scientist

Post by Jacampb2 »

I just had to replace my failing H/K AVR500. The AVR500 was a factory refurb and lasted me 10 years or so. I decided to go with H/K again, found they sell their refurbs on eBay factory direct now, I bought a AVR247 on the bay for $147 + like $20 shipping. 7.1 channel, HDMI, A/V processing, its a few years old, but an awesome deal. They also have quite a few 245's and 345's which are newer, but cost a couple hundred bucks more...

Later,
Jason
M: M100, M44 for a custom amp project
Zx: Zx500, Zx450, Black Zx350
ZxTi: 4 Zx600Ti's, 1 Zx400Ti
Ti: 5 800.1's & 900.7 for a custom amp project. 1 1200.1, 1 1000.2
Tantrum: 2 1200.1's, 1 600.4, 1 500.2
XS: XS6600
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

My next amp was going to be the Onkyo TX-NR906 but they have new models out now and will I will likely end up dropping a pile on the new TX-NR5007 145X9 and every feature you could probably ever need. I like having cool shit and I would likely be one a very few to have 9.2 surround where I live.
eyesofra

Post by eyesofra »

i got myself the Pioneer LX-71 ( SC-05 in the US ) . It had all the features i wanted in a receiver at the rite PRICE ! check out its thread in avs forum, u'd be surprised !
" If u know the rules, then u can break them " - Vidal S