home set up speakers selection

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

home set up speakers selection

Post by bdubs767 »

Well originally I was going to do a 4-way set up w/ the behringer dcx and deq, but becuase of an amazing deal I was offered on a 3-way Rane proc. I dumped the behringer equipment.

So right now the plan is to use my XBOX 360 optical digital out (just found out it had one last night lol :D ) and use this http://www.hosatech.com/hosa/products/odl-312.html
to convert the optical signal to XLR digi to go into the Rane. Since the rane has volume control with the use of a simple 10k ohm pot no need for a pre-amp :D.

So now though the idea of the four-way is kinda dead, as I demand full DSP functions for each channel. So heres my two options..

1.) Use speakers I already have Scan Speak 6600 (tried to fit it into the kick and gonna be ugly so I ordered Seas Compact tweeter), 12m 4.5" , and Peerless XLS 8" ported to extend down to around 35hz-40hz in towers. Then just dump the sub.

2.) Use the Scan Speak 6600, w/ a 7" midbass like the Scan speak 18w or Seas w18nx both in tower, and use a subwoofer like the peerless XXLS 12".

What would you guys do here?[/list]
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I would do 1. Unless you listen to pants-shittingly deep bass all the time, I personally prefer the dual point source to having an extra subwoofer complicate things. 80% of the time I leave mine turned off, and my towers are much less bassy than yours will be. When in doubt, you always have EQ as well.