Vinyl?? Need turntable help!

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
seandiguer

Vinyl?? Need turntable help!

Post by seandiguer »

I recently aquired a pretty sweet record collection of about 250 albums and busted out my turntable from storge and plugged it in to be nothing but dissappointed. I have NO sound, and i will be the first to admit, i know NOTHING about record players.
I have a hatatchi ht350. Everything seems to be working except the sound part. And i mean no sound, not even a hum. I dont even know where to begin.
Can anyone point me in the right direction???
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

buy a new turntable, they are pretty cheap, my oldman picked up one of the higher end models for 150$ and it sounds really good too :D
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Did you ground it to your amp?
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Make sure your amp has a phono stage in it. If not, then you will need a preamp between the two. Could be a faulty or even missing stylus.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

^^ Yeah what he said. Ground make sure you are connecting to a "Phono" input. Reseat the stylus.

FYI TLD22's make a nice compact preamp.

:D
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Is this an oldskool t-table ?
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
seandiguer

Post by seandiguer »

I think the stylus is damaged. Its not straight anymore and looks like it has a kink in it. Im going to replace it and see what happens.

I have it hooked up correctly to the phono on my amp and its grounded too. Also i did the stylus tip measurement adjustment to insure the stylus is in the correct spot. Checked the wiring of the head to cartridge, and its correct and the wiring is good.

Its from the 80's and was a pretty good table back in the day. I think its better than most of the $100-200 tables you would buy today. And i really like the looks of it.. lol