Rhyme Acoustics NuScale 216 bookshelf

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Rhyme Acoustics NuScale 216 bookshelf

Post by Mackenzie »

Has anyone tried these drivers around here? They look nice.. $645.00

specs

NuScale 216 6.5" 2-way speaker pair - Cherry

* Fully assembled
* 2-way bookshelf speaker
* Tweeter: NeoCd3.0 3" ribbon
* Woofer: FW168SE 6.5" aluminum cone long throw
* Crossover: 18dB HP and LP
* Frequency Response: 45Hz to 40,000Hz +/- 3dB
* Impedance: 8 ohm
* Sensitivity: 83.7dB /W/M
* Rated Power: 80W (*IEC268-5)
* Dimensions: 386mm x 213mm x 288mm (15.2" x 8.4" x 11.3")
* Net Weight: 10.2kg (22.5 lbs) each

link

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/produc ... ts_id=8819
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

22.5.lbs each speaker :shock: Seems to have alot for the price. Any thoughts
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

$645 for a set of 6.5's is a little crazy if you ask me. That could get you a lot of bigger, better DIY speaker kit.
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

Maybe that ribbon is the bee's knees :D
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

stipud wrote:$645 for a set of 6.5's is a little crazy if you ask me. That could get you a lot of bigger, better DIY speaker kit.
You guys really think 645 for a high end bookshelf is alot? I have the monitor audio bronze br2s, that I bought brand new for 450. The monitor audio rx1s are 600, the golds rs10s are 1200+, and the platinums are 8k a pair.

Specs wise, this speaker kit has better specs than my speakers, and the line above them. The tweeter is superior, and the driver. So with all this considered, they seem priced cheaply. Now there may be better priced diy stuff, but I live in an apartment, no room for tools, no work shop, no where to store tools. So Unless something is fully assembled right now, then I probably wont be purchasing it.

I am looking mainly at bookshelfs, as towers arent needed in my space, but could still get away with them. I can get a better sounding bookshelf for the same price as a floorstanding.

Im keeping the budget as 1k or less for my new fronts. Will be moving my current speakers to the rear.
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

i dont think thats too much at all. i know the diy's that stipud talk about have a great price/performance ratio but these could very well be awesome. Like i said before even if those are just good mid drivers the ribbons alone could cost that much, and a good ribbon is something that makes a difference.
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Mackenzie wrote:Im keeping the budget as 1k or less for my new fronts. Will be moving my current speakers to the rear.
Generally it's not a great idea to have mismatching timbre in your stereo system, unless you plan to EQ all of your channels separately.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

stipud wrote:
Mackenzie wrote:Im keeping the budget as 1k or less for my new fronts. Will be moving my current speakers to the rear.
Generally it's not a great idea to have mismatching timbre in your stereo system, unless you plan to EQ all of your channels separately.

I know, but as for rears, it certainly wouldnt matter as much, not to mention, 95% of my listening is 2 channel only. It is much easier to keep things all the same, so I have not ruled out getting more monitor audio stuff, as Im happy with the br2s performance...

I have thought of the idea of using the monitor audio bronze BRLCR instead of my current br2s. Its a center that can be used as left or right , and its a dual 5.25 sealed. Wouldnt obviously extend in the 40 region as my br2s do, but it should have a little louder mids, and tighter bass maybe. Has anyone used an lcr before as fronts? I would have to use a sub if I ran the lcr, but it could be worth it.

lcr
http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/products ... ur-speaker

my current

http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/products ... ur-speaker