what 55-60" tv would you buy???????

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
kg1961
Got wood?

what 55-60" tv would you buy???????

Post by kg1961 »

it my b day in 11 day and im aloud to buy my last tv for about 2-3 years.
my to choice in calgary same price are Sharp lc60E77UN or a Lg 60pk550
We only watch tv and moives on this tv. one in a bit game. I have owned a plasma before so im not worried about burn in.

I know one is a lcd and the other is a plasma
the room has windows but they are almost alway covered with blinds

I do like the sharp for the review i have seen but i like the idea the Lg senses and changes the tv to look best in the differnt lighting

We have a middle/higher of the road Toshiba 52" lcd(2 years old) now I just want a little bigger

what do you think guys?
Last edited by kg1961 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

This TV gives me wet dreams

http://www.lg.com/us/infinia/index.jsp
Boomshackalacka
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Francious70 wrote:This TV gives me wet dreams

Wow when they said LED TV I thought someone finally started making decent OLEDs... but unfortunately it's only an LED backlit LCD :cry:

Personally I like the color depth of plasma a bit better, but plasma vs LCD has never been a deal breaker for me. I would go for the one that offers the most features. Both of them have a >60Hz display rate, which really makes a big difference on the larger TVs. I would probably recommend viewing and using both and picking your favorite of the two.
waynehead
No, you're a towel.

Post by waynehead »

Francious70 wrote:This TV gives me wet dreams

Damn :drool:
I want three of those hooked up to my computer. The ultimate eyefinity setup
We don't need no stinkin' bass boost!
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

so there only going to be ps3,digital box from shaw
Im sure i will upgrade and get a hd box
Im going to go see them
Im thinking the sharp lcd as it about $800-1000 off. but the plasma does a little better when it come to lighting and working in my area
2020 honda accord sport
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

I have this TV and honestly I haven't seen one with a better picture, no matter the price. I'm sure there are better out there, but I haven't viewed one.

http://www.google.com/products?q=lg%204 ... =en&tab=wf
Boomshackalacka
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

the last tv in the race is a panasonic TCP58S1
its a plasma 58" but close to 60"...lol
2020 honda accord sport
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

ok tom i agree with you on the plasma so i just bought a samsung 58" plasma 3d unit with glasses and a 3d dvd.. my wife told me to as i would want it and not be happy until i own one..lol soundsaround had a deal free glasses and the dvd player and 300 off list so im really happy i pick it up tomorrow at 3pm. there is going to be some real steal of deals going to happen to free up money to pay for this
i will put the item up in buy sell tomorrow

mike
2020 honda accord sport
JK

Post by JK »

LED! the rest dont size up. as big as they have are 55. i think! i have every kind just about. except 3d and led. i hane been doing this sence the. i think it was a 40 big picture tub mit.. then the 60 inch sony big screen and everything in between led/3d. what sucks is u spend 5 grand on a tv then a month or two later its half the price. i remember the day the LG 42 inch plasma came out. it was around 3500 high. i ran down and got it and still have it. now u can get them (plasma) for around a grand. what i have learned is....... it sucks watching the price drop, but dont look back and be happy with what u bought 6 months later or u will be stuck. i figured this out at the lcd point. next they will have people dancing around on you dresser. i hope i can wait that long. GOOD LUCK! i hope u enjoy whatever u get. JK
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Plasma if you value image fidelity over anything else. For LCD, Mitsubishi are very nice, as are the higher end NuVision. Runco/Planar make a nice set as well but expensive.

The upper end of Panasonic Plasmas are some of the best flat panels I have seen recently.

I have not been too impressed with LED LCDs as of yet. I have installed a lot of Samsungs and I would not buy one myself. The image is not that great IMHO. The black levels are not great. The "hyper real" is gimmicky and cartoony at best. You can dial it down for the most part though.

I did an ISF calibration on a Panny 58V10 last week and it looked amazing. The only thing I cannot stand about 99% of flat panels out there is the high gloss plastic bezels. Give me a brushed aluminum thin bezel any day of the week. I like the Mitsubishi's thin bezel....and I like Runco's brushed aluminum picture frame style. Put the 2 together for me. :)

On another note, I did an ISF calibration on one of the Mitsubishi LCDs (2009 models use a wide gamut CCFL backlight), and it was very impressive. It was good enough that I would buy one if they made them big enough. I have a 57" DLP now and moving to anything smaller would be illogical. I think I need at least a 60" for an upgrade. But the DLP still looks good even though I have to rip apart the optical engine every 6 months to clean the inner lens (poor design and known issue with the TV I have). And it will do 3D already....so I am keeping it until it is completely dead. :)

Now I see that you bought the Sammy plasma. How do you like it so far?
JK

Post by JK »

i havent had any issues except the volume went out, but the 321 covers it. it has a good picture. people seem to have something to say about everything. i dont look back. because i am happy with my buy.
kg1961
Got wood?

ewwegf

Post by kg1961 »

i have to say im very very happy with teh tv just watching cable make me happy. i watch old gijoe cartoon in 3d very cool
i got about a 1k off on the tv with all the gear so i know it might be cheaper later but thats money i like to spend.
i don't mind the glasses i didn't know if it would be a problem
i just can't get over how great it looks
2 :thumleft: up form me!!!!!
2020 honda accord sport