The wife bought me a new toy!!

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

The wife bought me a new toy!!

Post by mr tibbs »

A new Samsung 58 inch Plasma HDTV!!!

It took me the better part of the day to disassemble and reassemble my entertainment center to fit this behemoth in!! So, after a whopping 4 hours of viewing time all I can say is WOW! :shock: :shock: I don't know if it's just a better TV, a bigger TV, or if it's going from 720p to 1080p but damn this thing blows away the Toshiba I have been using.

I went with Plasma over LCD and LED-LCD for a few reasons. First of all price! Right now Plasma is the "older" technology of the bunch and you can get a hell of a lot more TV for the money compared to the "newer" technologies. Other factors included the faster refresh rate and the deeper blacks. I watch a lot of sports and play a lot of video games so I really did not want any "lag" in the picture. So far it looks pretty damn good. I watched a few football games today and there was very little if any lag. I have a friend that has a 65 inch LCD and there is a ton of lag while watching sports on the TV. I really didn't want to see that on a TV I just spent $1500 on.

So far I am pretty damn happy! I had to remove the top off of my entertainment center to put the TV on top of the base, but it looks pretty good IMO. I had to place all of my gaming systems and the other components on the shelves in the base of the entertainment center and remove the doors until I can have glass put in them. So far I am digging it!

I'll update this thread as the TV "breaks in". I bought it at Best Buy because of the 3 years no interest sale. Also included in the deal was a free "calibration". The BB Geek Squad will come to my house after a month of break in and calibrate it with all of their fancy equipment. So long as it was free I'll take it!
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
dvnt88

Re: The wife bought me a new toy!!

Post by dvnt88 »

mr tibbs wrote:A new Samsung 58 inch Plasma HDTV!!!

It took me the better part of the day to disassemble and reassemble my entertainment center to fit this behemoth in!! So, after a whopping 4 hours of viewing time all I can say is WOW! :shock: :shock: I don't know if it's just a better TV, a bigger TV, or if it's going from 720p to 1080p but damn this thing blows away the Toshiba I have been using.

I went with Plasma over LCD and LED-LCD for a few reasons. First of all price! Right now Plasma is the "older" technology of the bunch and you can get a hell of a lot more TV for the money compared to the "newer" technologies. Other factors included the faster refresh rate and the deeper blacks. I watch a lot of sports and play a lot of video games so I really did not want any "lag" in the picture. So far it looks pretty damn good. I watched a few football games today and there was very little if any lag. I have a friend that has a 65 inch LCD and there is a ton of lag while watching sports on the TV. I really didn't want to see that on a TV I just spent $1500 on.

So far I am pretty damn happy! I had to remove the top off of my entertainment center to put the TV on top of the base, but it looks pretty good IMO. I had to place all of my gaming systems and the other components on the shelves in the base of the entertainment center and remove the doors until I can have glass put in them. So far I am digging it!

I'll update this thread as the TV "breaks in". I bought it at Best Buy because of the 3 years no interest sale. Also included in the deal was a free "calibration". The BB Geek Squad will come to my house after a month of break in and calibrate it with all of their fancy equipment. So long as it was free I'll take it!
Nice score :shock: ...I have a TOL 42" Plasma (Samsung) and will soon be updating to the new LED model, can't say enough good things about Samsung and their products. :thumbs:
Audison Bit Ten
Hertz HSK163's (x2)
Hertz HX250 subs (x2)
Hertz HDP1
Hertz HDP4
PG Tantrum BassCUBE
XS Power D4900
Misc. PG Install Goodies

"Old-Skool TI-Whore"
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

I still have a 24" Sony CRT.

Nice TV, dude :D
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I am lucky enough to have an hold high school buddy that is an AVP of a satalite/tv wholesale/warehouse. I had him hook me up with a new hitachi 32 lcd 2 yrs ago for $300 NIB. My other friends love to feed off of his left overs as he get new tv's all the time from dealers and sells his old ones to us cheap. My one friend bought is 8 month old 60" when he upgraded to a 70" for $800.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.