Hulu Plus

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
Thumper88

Hulu Plus

Post by Thumper88 »

Anyone try it? I signed up for the free 1-week trial on my PS3. It's pretty cool...I'm watching some B-rated horror movie right now. :lol:
Yesterday I watched some family guy and detroit 187.
Considering sticking with it, $7.99 a month is a lot cheaper than cable tv...
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Re: Hulu Plus

Post by ttocs »

I have netflix and been enjoying it for a while.

Now my folks have really been enjoying it as my dad made a good decision to buy some of its stock earlier this year for $60 a share, it closed today around $190.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I have netflix canada and I am not really happy with it I am going to drop it before my next billing cycle starts.
Check my buyer/seller ratings http://phoenixphorum.com/gridracer-vt4548.html

I have more PG stuff than one guy ever needs.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

what don'tcha like?
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Netflix in Canada has very limited selection because they have to setup entirely new deals for broadcast rights with the Canadian distributors instead of the American content owners and none of the Canadian distributors are all that interested in allowing their "exclusive" shows on a competitors platform, since all the distributors are either Cable operators or TV stations.

Lame. Hopefully they'll work out more deals as time goes on.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

thats interesting as that is the first bad thing we have heard about netflix here. Hulu is better there? I am asking because we did so well on the netflix stock that we have been thinking about investing a little in one of their competitors as it is only a matter of time before there are 2 er 3 big boys in this industry.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

The newest release movie on netflix here is like 2009 and most of the movies on there are older and not top movies lots of crap on it,the tv series like deadliest catch for example only has 3 seasons 4,5,6 and 7 aren't on it stupid if you ask me.

Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

gridracer wrote:tv series like deadliest catch for example only has 3 seasons 4,5,6 and 7 aren't on it stupid if you ask me.
That is where Hulu Plus shines. Netflix is strictly movies...although it has beavis and butthead episodes, which is awesome.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Thumper88 wrote:
gridracer wrote:tv series like deadliest catch for example only has 3 seasons 4,5,6 and 7 aren't on it stupid if you ask me.
That is where Hulu Plus shines. Netflix is strictly movies...although it has beavis and butthead episodes, which is awesome.
Netflix here is not strictly movies It has tons of tv shows on it,but like I said old seasons not complete.

Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

yes, it does have tv shows...but as you said, outdated. my statement still holds.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Thumper88 wrote:yes, it does have tv shows...but as you said, outdated. my statement still holds.
Not really but whatever!

Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

?

Example:

Netflix has has older seasons of family guy, only up to season 8.
Hulu Plus has up to the latest season of family guy, season 9 and even has previews of the next season, season 10.

Hulu Plus has all the episodes of Detroit 187...
Netflix says, "What's that?"

If I want to watch a TV show, 99% of the time I go to Hulu.
Now if you want to watch movies, that's what Netflix is all about and has been about from the beginning (DVD mail program).
Of course if you want to watch some old episodes of the A-Team or Beavis and Butthead...then Netflix has it.

But whatever. :lol:
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

You said netflix is "strictly movies" clearly there is other than movies! Spin it however you wish.

dwnrodeo

Post by dwnrodeo »

Netflix is great for finding movies that are a bit obscure and can't be found in the local video rental store, which is why I got it in the first place. Instant movies are sweet too, but most of the more popular movies are only available through DVD's sent in the mail. I haven't tried Hulu yet, but might have to check it out for newer shows and movies.
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?