need help repairing RCA TR2280 receiver

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
capitolj80

need help repairing RCA TR2280 receiver

Post by capitolj80 »

I started getting a "check speaker" fault on my receiver...wont power up, just flashes the fault, then shuts back off. I ruled out any faulty speakers. After some googling, i found out that the likely culprit is an amp transistor or amp IC (not familiar with that term, same thing?) I can use a soldering iron, so if anyone can describe to me how to locate and test the transistors, i could probably replace it (or them). I would also need to know how to find the correct replacement part. There arent any shops in my area that do this sort of work that im aware of, so it looks like im on my own with this one.
what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Re: need help repairing RCA TR2280 receiver

Post by Rold Gold »

You'd probly hav2hav it shipped somewhere like an RCA repair shop or just about any of the other shops that fix electronics I would think......

I found an rca tr2280 HT receiver........is that it?
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
capitolj80

Re: need help repairing RCA TR2280 receiver

Post by capitolj80 »

yup, that's the one..what do you suppose they would charge to repair it?
what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?