here we go again need more gear(theater projector)

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

so for the last 4 year i have had a very nice projector epson cinema pro 810 120" motorized screen.
i just bought a onkyo 709 reciever about 7 month ago and this kinda has started a change in my set up

due to the room and differnt house i have had to down grade to a 106" motorized 1.1 grain white screen,the room will be pitch black. i have ordered and waiting on my new oppo 103 dvd player, thanks to matt as i have ordered 3 set of lrc in wall speakers, i have a set of rear in walls and mb quart di polars for the other rears needed in my setup, i also picked up a new audio source sw15 sub,

now for projector.....
what have you guy been using what have you like or dislike

i have been toying with the idea of 3d as i have 2 3d tvs. not that i watch a ton in 3d just the picture look better IMO than most 2d tvs
i also have about 90 3D movies

let me know whats hot and not but i also have a budget in mind
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: here we go again need more gear(theater projector)

Post by kg1961 »

really no one like movies at home like do?
2020 honda accord sport
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

never been a fan of projectors myself. Room had to be totally black to even try and get the colors you can out of a regular tv as well as a super expensive set up.
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

ttocs wrote:never been a fan of projectors myself. Room had to be totally black to even try and get the colors you can out of a regular tv as well as a super expensive set up.

I don't have that problem this room is made for theater veiwing, yes they can cost some money but i also play video games
2020 honda accord sport
00goobs

Post by 00goobs »

I built a home projector using a 15" computer monitor and a 400watt halogen streetlight. Although bulky, I was able to watch movies off a regular wall in the day with curtains open. I spent maybe $200 and it lasted years until my movie room became a bedroom again, hehehe... It looked better than my sister's $800 Samsung projector.

If you're looking to do a little work and sacrifice an old 15" LCD computer monitor, try out the DIY fun. I had over 100" diagonal without pixelation...

Hello from my IPad!
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

would love to try that !!!
but im thinking epson 3020 3d or 8350 but not sure yet
2020 honda accord sport
00goobs

Post by 00goobs »

What do you have up for trade? I'll send you my DIY projector kit. All you'll need is the 400watt Halogen bulb and transformer, 15" LCD computer monitor, computer fans and a weekend...

Hello from my IPad!
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

yes im going to stick with a higher end unit as i just got my oppo bluray player
2020 honda accord sport
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

has anyone used seen or tried the epson 8700ub? on paper it looks great, also watched about 15 review read a ton on the product.
for the under 2500 price point this seem to be one of the best for movies. I thought more about it and i will wait 6 year for a 3d one as my kid will not be able to watch till than and if i can keep something for 6 years will be hard...lol
let me know what you think guy

also the room is only for theater it will have very dark walls,floor and ceiling no window lettting light in
2020 honda accord sport