It is currently Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:53 pm 
Sherlock Homey
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 2517
Location: WEST SIIIIDE!!
Ive been experiencing this prob for a while now and have no audio :evil: All my audio drivers are installed and working properly ...except for, I get a yellow ? on the multimedia audio controller, and I also have no" mixer devices" installed...Im not sure what I did but I obviously did something stupid :roll: Im useing a Dell dimension 8300 and I believe the sound card is obviously part of the mother board... I have tried umpteen searches to no avail.... is there any techs that can help and guide me thru this or should I just get a new sound card?

PLEASE HELP... IM GETTING FRUSTRATED!!
Thanx in advance 8)



_________________
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:42 pm 
Voltage Ohms
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 1983 4:00 am
Posts: 14699
Location: Burnaby, BC
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/ ... nsion-8300

Should be able to get your driver here. Just select "Audio" and download "Analog Devices-Driver".


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:18 pm 
Sherlock Homey
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 2517
Location: WEST SIIIIDE!!
stipud wrote:
http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/dimension-8300

Should be able to get your driver here. Just select "Audio" and download "Analog Devices-Driver".



cool beans Tom Ill try and will be back with update 8)



_________________
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:04 pm 
Sherlock Homey
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 2517
Location: WEST SIIIIDE!!
IMPORTANT NOTE:( Win XP users) When you select 'Install Now', you may be given the following four choices - Save, Open, Cancel,More info. You MUST select 'Open' for the installation to work.


I downloaded the driver but I get the message above and I dont get the choices that are stated above, all I get is the option to save or cancel. I saved it, and when the Install wizard pops up and I go to run it I get this message ERROR INSTALLING IKERNEL(0X10000) :x



_________________
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:06 am 
Sherlock Homey
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 2517
Location: WEST SIIIIDE!!
anyone????



_________________
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:38 am 
Voltage Ohms
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 1983 4:00 am
Posts: 14699
Location: Burnaby, BC
I don't think saving would make any difference.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 959AAePuau

Maybe?


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:19 pm 
Sherlock Homey
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 2517
Location: WEST SIIIIDE!!
stipud wrote:
I don't think saving would make any difference.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 959AAePuau

Maybe?



Ill see if that works, thanks Tom.


How do I find that folder?



_________________
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:29 pm 
Sherlock Homey
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 2517
Location: WEST SIIIIDE!!
oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:
stipud wrote:
I don't think saving would make any difference.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 959AAePuau

Maybe?



Ill see if that works, thanks Tom.


How do I find that folder?


tried the folder and still no go...



_________________
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:30 pm 
Voltage Ohms
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 1983 4:00 am
Posts: 14699
Location: Burnaby, BC
oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:
tried the folder and still no go...

You might try to use device manager, right click, go to properties, try to find the "Install Driver" option, then point it at the driver installation folder. Sometimes it includes loose drivers as well, that you can install manually.

If all else fails, you can pick up a third party USB or PCI sound card. I personally use a HeadRoom Bithead headphone amp: http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps ... ithead.php. Of course you won't get a microphone input with a headphone amp, but the SQ is fantastic! I even use mine to drive my external analog amp, in order to minimize the noisefloor over my stock soundcard. There are also lots of small USB amps sold at places like PartsExpress too. This one is rather famous: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... er=310-300 (too bad shipping to Canuckistan is killer!)


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am 
Sherlock Homey
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 2517
Location: WEST SIIIIDE!!
stipud wrote:
oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:
tried the folder and still no go...

You might try to use device manager, right click, go to properties, try to find the "Install Driver" option, then point it at the driver installation folder. Sometimes it includes loose drivers as well, that you can install manually.

If all else fails, you can pick up a third party USB or PCI sound card. I personally use a HeadRoom Bithead headphone amp: http://www.headphone.com/headphone-amps ... ithead.php. Of course you won't get a microphone input with a headphone amp, but the SQ is fantastic! I even use mine to drive my external analog amp, in order to minimize the noisefloor over my stock soundcard. There are also lots of small USB amps sold at places like PartsExpress too. This one is rather famous: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdet ... er=310-300 (too bad shipping to Canuckistan is killer!)[/quot

I was hopeing to be able to fix it without going the third party way but I guess Ill have to give in..Thanks for all the help Tom. :)



_________________
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Code 28 (audio) on windows xp...please help
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:26 pm 
Sherlock Homey
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 2517
Location: WEST SIIIIDE!!
Back in business!!! Just picked up a used card for a whole 5 bux :mrgreen:



_________________
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron