Subwoofer plate amplifiers

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
Drock

Subwoofer plate amplifiers

Post by Drock »

I'm having issues with my tower speakers at home. They have built in 10" subs. But for some reason the plate amp keeps dying. I've had it replaced twice now. Can anyone recommend a 300-500 rms replacment? As well I'm thinking of replacing the subs. So I need a pair of 10" 4 ohm 300-500rms
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Re: Subwoofer plate amplifiers

Post by stipud »

Bash 500w has always been tough to beat, for the money. There are some crossover modifications you can do to it as well, to disable the built in LPF.
Drock

Post by Drock »

Thanks. Ill look them up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

LOL I was just coming here to start a thread with the same title. Since Drock seems to have his answer I'm going to recycle the thread.

I just pulled my four Ti210D4's out of my truck, and I am thinking of using them with my computer gaming system, if I can. Home theater gear is not my thing at all. I was thinking two 500-700 watt plate amps at 4 ohm would do the trick, but everything I am seeing is 8 ohm rated. Do you guys know of anything that might work with the possible impedance configurations I have available?
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
Drock

Post by Drock »

The bash ones I'm looking at are 4ohm 500 watt. More than enough for a home sub IMO
Kirghiz

Post by Kirghiz »

Different question, same answer. Two of those would work nicely I believe.
Being loud without good sound quality is pointless, but having good sound quality without being loud is also pointless.
ajaye

Post by ajaye »

a couple possible options here I think too http://www.apexjr.com/amps.html
gentlejax2

Post by gentlejax2 »

I had a bash 300 and well on a efficient 12inch JBL it wasnt very good. I didnt mount it on the sub box either. luckily It can work without being built on box and I do beleive that a regular home amp would be better than any plate amp. they seem to die easily and not enough power..I mean have you looked at them?

right now a crown pro amp can be had for $159 and claims to do 1000@4ohm ...crown...part of JBL ....so should be decent
99 Volvo S70 T5 Turbo