Focal Home Audio Custom Speaker Setup

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
joerg
SOFA-KING

Focal Home Audio Custom Speaker Setup

Post by joerg »

Thanks to the recent sales of some mopar parts and phoenix gear i had no use for anymore i can finally start to build the home speaker setup i always wanted. Klipsch speakers would have been nice, but due to space requirements i didn´t pull the trigger buying a set.

The last year i was collecting all the speakers for my built. While doing that i used some speakers i refreshed with some cheapo drivers as my temporary setup.
DSC03895.JPG
Thanks to kg1961 i found the last two missing subs for a very good price in very good condition and now i´ve got everything together for my Stereo Speaker Setup plus a nice Overkill Subwoofer :mrgreen:
DSC03897.JPG
Tomorrow, right after shipping my last two Nickels, i´ll be off to my woodshop and get all the stuff i need to do the built. More to come once i got some stuff done...
Music is silver, PHOENIX is GOLD
kg1961
Got wood?

Re: Focal Home Audio Custom Speaker Setup

Post by kg1961 »

Hmm I miss the subs alot..glad I could help
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

I´ve done a little bit to my home audio corner. Whenever i had time and all other things arround the house where done for a moment i worked on it.

The first thing i build and finished was the subwoofer enclosure to finally replace the cyclones and the enclosure i used to have in the BMW with something more proper for home audio. Using term pro going for a sealed enclosure and a low pass frequeny of 80Hz the math came up with an 225 litres enclosure. I build the box out of spruce wood plates that i glued together with a total thickness of 40mm. Some round stiffening braces inside the housing keep the enclosere from balooning up when the sub is doing it´s job.
After the enclosure was finished i colored it with mahagoni wood stain.
2015-12-14 19.10.08.jpg
2015-12-14 19.36.52.jpg
The next parts i needed where the spikes i wanted to place the enclosure on. Since i got my own lathe machine at home now, they were an easy project.
20161223_151654.jpg
2016-01-10 23.25.17.jpg
I also build the crossover myself...
2016-01-20 22.38.40.jpg
And this is what the monster looks like sitting in the living room. 8)
2016-01-12 23.53.06.jpg
The sub is driven by a nice oldschool NAD amplifier with a total power output of 1,6kW into 4 Ohms.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

is that the 16"? And I had to do the math on that enclosure size am I doing the math right that it comes out to just under 8 cubic ft = 225 ltrs?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

ttocs wrote:is that the 16"? And I had to do the math on that enclosure size am I doing the math right that it comes out to just under 8 cubic ft = 225 ltrs?
Yes that´s the 16er. And yes the enclosures internal volume is 225litres.
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I have been eyeing that as the bottom end of the stang if I could fit it but needless to say a box that big would not be an option. Just when you thought a cyclone box was big lol. Hows it sound?
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
joerg
SOFA-KING

Post by joerg »

Since i still need to finish the other two Speakers all the sub does is supporting the TV when i´m watching movies.
But pressure wise i´m pretty amazed.