Finaly! I got a HDTV

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
smgreen20

Finaly! I got a HDTV

Post by smgreen20 »

After a bit of looking and wanting I was at Home Depot (of all places) and I walked by the front center of the store where thier specials are placed and I saw a 42" (Which is the size I wanted) Magnavox LCD HDTV for 999.00.

That night I did some searching on the net and I found that exact TV for anywhere from 1100 -1450. Home Depots web site list it online at 1399 and out of stock. So in a sence I saved 400 NIB.

It's 720p/1080i capable and I've had Mag in the past and have had very few issues. The only things where the remote bit the dust after 8 yrs and the power button is broke (but works still) due to thinking you push the button down when it was supposed to be pushed in.

The entertainment center is going to get cut in half where the Sony TV sits now, that will be the new top where the new TV will go. I'll post a pic when done.

"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Ya know what would top that off?? A Xbox 360 elite!!!! Gotta get it man!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Neat, that Sony is the exact TV I have. Still don't want an HDTV though... I hate TV :wink:
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

Viewing angle too high. Your eye should be roughly level to the 33% mark (measured from the screen's bottom edge) when sitting in your normal viewing position.

Now you need a CoolSat 8000HD or Captain 8000HD FTA satellite receiver.

We got a pair of 104" Pioneer plasmas delivered to the office a few weeks ago. 462 lbs. Cart - another 265 lbs. The installers did a one day course at Pioneer to learn how to move it. Engine cherry picker is preferred using massive eyes hooks. I'll snap some pix this week. You need about 23' to properly view it. The boys had an XBox hooked up. Outstanding. Game characters are the same size as you.

HH
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

mr tibbs wrote:Ya know what would top that off?? A Xbox 360 elite!!!! Gotta get it man!!! :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
A friend has the 360 elite, I'll stick w/the big gun, the PS3. It's not in the pic. It's just under the 4 diecast cars on the shelf.

The TV will be lower as soon as I get time (tomorrow) to cut the entertainment center in half. The new TV will sit where the 27" Sony is currently.

Pics will be posted. And yes HH, I want to see a pic of you standing next to that monster as to get an idea of the size of it.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

Here's the finished set up.

The center brace that the 2 shelves are supported by on the right has been cut down to make the dividers between the center ch speaker, PS3, and the VCR.

The top of the old version is still the top on the new version.

The wife is even pretty pleased.

Install:
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

That's much nicer. Sweet TV mang.
Boomshackalacka