LCD Tv

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
bdubs767
Hukd on Foniks

LCD Tv

Post by bdubs767 »

Im in the market for a 32" to 40" LCD flat panel tv...any suggestions at best bang for the buck?
Can one send others to war if hes not willing to go himself?
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Dubs, I have been looking as well for the same thing. First off I would say wait until after xmas to buy one. The prices are going to drop from what I understand. Second, go take a look at some in the stores. Personally I like the Samsung 37". From what I gather Samsung has concentrated on making a good pic rather than have more bells and whistles than other companies. To me it looks like it has the best picture. Also, make sure you compare apples to apples. Do you want full 1080 or will 720 be good enough for you? To me I can't really tell the difference until you get to the bigger tv's (40" or bigger) between 720 and 1080. Where you have a home theater system going I would look for something with a good pic rather than good speakers and other features that you might not use. One last thing, watch for how many HDMI inputs the tv has. I have noticed that many of the lower end tv's only have 1 HDMI input, crappy!!
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Runco, Mitsubishi, LG's higher up models all look really good with some tweaking...I have also been impressed with some of the Sony models in the BRavia line...as well as some Sharp Aquos models...but LG would be the only one to fall in the "less expensive" category...but if you want true high performance video, you have to pay for it. If cost is a big concern, you might as well go to costco or sams club and get whatever they have for cheap that has the inputs and features you want/need.

If you can save up more and spend a bit more $$, wait until the most recent products revealed at CEDIA last weekend are shipping...lots of progress is made each year on LCD flat panel technology....of course this also means you should find hot deals on this years stuff towards the holidays and through the first quarter of next year.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Dell. Cheap, great warranty and inside theyre a pricier sony or mitsu unit :)
If you're going through hell keep going

Winston Churchill

"this is the world's most powerfulest high's amp."

Some dumb cunt.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

All I recommend for you is to find some good demo material and start watching a lot of video!! Just as many intricacies and subtleties as you have come to appreciate in quality audio reproduction exist in quality video reproduction. You may as well start with something great! :lol:
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

ydnap wrote:Dell. Cheap, great warranty and inside theyre a pricier sony or mitsu unit :)
:roll: No, they're really not :!:
HoseHead
Tim Horton Himself

Post by HoseHead »

So you want a new display do you? Try this 103" Panasonic. Unit is 462 lbs. The cart underneath is another 215 lbs. You can see one of three giant eye hooks on the rear of the unit. Panasonic provides a one day seminar on moving and installing with every purchase.

I'm 6'3" to give you an idea if this monster unit's size.
This is a live spare in support of a 24/7 mission critical control centre.
$88K CAD. Yes eight-eight thousand dollars. $88,000.00. You need at least 28' of distance to appreciate the picture quality.

The rack in the first pick is a complete video conferencing system. note the touch panel control on top and the camera centre mounted on the display. This is what I do for a living. Design, engineer, install and train on this type of technology all over the country.

HH
Attachments
IMG_4444.JPG
IMG_4444.JPG (32.73 KiB) Viewed 7768 times
IMG_4443.JPG
IMG_4443.JPG (36.03 KiB) Viewed 7768 times
IMG_4445.JPG
IMG_4445.JPG (29.08 KiB) Viewed 7770 times
IMG_4446.JPG
IMG_4446.JPG (41.85 KiB) Viewed 7769 times
The only stupid question is the one not asked .......
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

HOSEHEAD SIGHTING!!!
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

6'3? :shock:

No wonder he drives them big boat cars. He wouldnt even get into mine :lol: :lol:

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

dedlyjedly wrote:
ydnap wrote:Dell. Cheap, great warranty and inside theyre a pricier sony or mitsu unit :)
:roll: No, they're really not :!:
Not what? cheap, or sony or mitsu inside?

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

they may have a panel that's manufactured by a plant that's owned by a major brand name (as there are only so many plants that make these types of displays in the world), but that doesn't make them a "sony or mitsu" as you implied. First, the plants only sell off they're second-rate panels to other manufacturers. Second, the greatest panel available still won't be up to par without critical internal processing.
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Re: LCD Tv

Post by ydnap »

bdubs767 wrote:any suggestions at best bang for the buck?
Was why I reccomended Dell Jed :)

Sure they won't win any awards but hey, they're good for the cash, esp if you look around the net for a discount code (www.fatwallet.com has loads).

IMO the screen is the most crucial part. Sure I see what youre saying about the electronics, but Dell are a good, large, reputable company.

Might not be the best LCD in the world but hey, they aint the most expensive either and I would rather go with one of them than a soroyoplpo or whatever them shit 'tings are in wally world :lol: :lol:

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Go with an LG if you are on a budget. :)
ydnap
More like Bannedy...

Post by ydnap »

Audiophiliac wrote:Go with an LG if you are on a budget. :)
Indeed. I had one of those flat panel Imacs (the one that looks like a table lamp) and the screen in it was utterly amazing, it was an LG :)

Winston Churchill

Some dumb cunt.