Computer virus/spyware

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

O....and did you try OTHER programs?

Also on the file it could not remove...you can still boot to safe mode....locate the file you wanted to remove, and then delete it?

Again you can also try some of those programs other than previx in safe mode.

Also if you can check your event log, you may have other issues aside from windows problems/viruses, spyware etc.

Scans can take several hours...I do virus and spyware removal on I would say at least 3-5 machines daily....I set it and forget it...takes 2-5 hours on any given machine.
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

Thanks for all the help Steve. I booted from the windows disc and tried to repair it. It's still setting up but I've got my fingers crossed. I figured I'd give it a shot before I went thru the tedious process of backing everything up.

I tried every spyware program I had in safe mode, but it makes it hard to get the others you suggested without the internet.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Ya true...need to update the programs and such.

virus and spyware is not an easy task thats for sure.

Just let me know how it goes. I'll be gone in a bit for sure...wife and kid were taking a nap about 2 hours ago....that can change any minute...and i will be back away from the computer. for a while.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

here's a trick you can do for fun....if its still in the install process
hold SHIFT and hit F10
...gives you a DOS prompt (like thing)
type SOL

have fun! :)
dedlyjedly
Silent but Dedly

Post by dedlyjedly »

you have pm
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

ok ...good luck deadly....I'll be back later on....I'll try to check as often as i can....the other thing you can do is do a parallel install...you dont FORMAt the drive, you just install windows in a diferent folder....

like winxp instead of windows...whatever you want to call it..I usually do winxp...easier to understand and find

JUST dont format....

At least this way you maintain data.

If you need more instructions....do a search for parallel install of windows xp...or parallel and windows xp...etc

you're smart! :) i am sure you can find something...
mustang97124

Post by mustang97124 »

Just wanted to add in here - once you get your pc back you may want to go to http://www.comodo.com/ and check into their free programs to protect yourself from invasions. I've been using their programs for almost a year on two pc's and they work great! I've had the same problems you are having and I wish you good luck with the restoration.