Nice F@#$ you from best buy...

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Nice F@#$ you from best buy...

Post by Ahsmo »

So I went out and bought a LCD TV. I do not know anything about TVs so I bought what looked like a good balance between features and price: the LG 32" LC7D. I got what I thought was a good deal and went home very happy. I have never owned a newish TV. I finally got to break out of watching movies on my computer.

I just walked into the room to find that the a pixel(whatever its called) was burned up and the TV was ruined. I called best buy to find out what I needed to do: call the manufacture or bring the pos back to the store. I called in and they said bring it in. Naturally, I live an hour from best buy and I asked if they had the same tv in stock. Of course its back ordered and they will not order a TV for me with that model already back ordered. I have 30 days to bring the thing back in. The kicker is that I have to go back to the Academy before the back ordered tvs are expected to come in.
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Wont they just refund you or give you an in-store credit or exchange for another model or something? I think if you cuss a lot...and keep asking for someone's supervisor, things will get done. :)
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Audiophiliac wrote:Wont they just refund you or give you an in-store credit or exchange for another model or something? I think if you cuss a lot...and keep asking for someone's supervisor, things will get done. :)
My first thought was to get pissed and cuss and do stuff but that really is not my way of handling things(not that its bad, just not my way).

I just think it would be reasonable for them to go ahead and order me a TV.

I may just pack it up and go up there and try to get another similar TV...
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
Eric D
Short Bus Driver

Post by Eric D »

Ok, the first issue I see here is the letters "L" and "G".

LG was the primary supplier for OnStar, and I learned first hand they are as ass backwards as you can get, with very limited quality.
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

Eric D wrote:Ok, the first issue I see here is the letters "L" and "G".

LG was the primary supplier for OnStar, and I learned first hand they are as ass backwards as you can get, with very limited quality.
Yeah. I gave up on LG and got a Sony 32" M series.

I ended up getting a refund from best buy and going across the street and buying a TV from the place where I bought all my car and home audio stuff.

They were more competitive in terms of price than I thought... I even got to compare the LG and the sony side by side. The difference was striking so I am happy with the sony.
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
smgreen20

Post by smgreen20 »

LG make most of the parts for most (I say most because I don't really know the percentages) of the TV makers of today. There quality is really good. There customer support might not be, don't know.

So did you get a 720p, 1080i or a 1080p? 60 Hz or 120Hz? If you compare 720 to 720, 1080 to 1080 the defineing factor becomes the Hz at which it's processed. 120 is better. Wish I would've known that before I got mine, but then again I paid $400 less than what it retailed for. All in all, I;m happy with mine.

On another note 40" is the "switch point". What I mean by that is that's the size where you can go either way w/the resolution, 720/1080, 40" and smaller for the money, 720p is the way to go, 40" or higher you'll want 1080i/p. This is more my opinion as well as others in Sound and Vision magazine. Take from it what you will.
"ZPA's will have the same sound essentially as you get from the MS, they just feature a bigger shinier set of balls."

Install:
http://phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16998
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

I had my go round with Big Box er Best buy a few days ago....I have a gift card for $350 in place of my 22" TV they decide was to be trashed because they deemed their warranty covers replacement with an equivalent priced set and not an equivalent set.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Post by Ahsmo »

smgreen20 wrote:LG make most of the parts for most (I say most because I don't really know the percentages) of the TV makers of today. There quality is really good. There customer support might not be, don't know.

So did you get a 720p, 1080i or a 1080p? 60 Hz or 120Hz? If you compare 720 to 720, 1080 to 1080 the defineing factor becomes the Hz at which it's processed. 120 is better. Wish I would've known that before I got mine, but then again I paid $400 less than what it retailed for. All in all, I;m happy with mine.

On another note 40" is the "switch point". What I mean by that is that's the size where you can go either way w/the resolution, 720/1080, 40" and smaller for the money, 720p is the way to go, 40" or higher you'll want 1080i/p. This is more my opinion as well as others in Sound and Vision magazine. Take from it what you will.
I got a 720p. I figured 1080p wasn't worth it unless I was going with a much bigger tv. I am not sure what the refresh rate for this tv is but I am not too worried about it. It looks better than anything I have ever owned...that meaning that I have never owned anything so it looks great to me. One day when I have a steady job and cash flow I am going to pick up a nice tv :D

When bluray comes down in price I am going to pick up a player. I really wanted to get one when I bought the tv but I could not justify the price when I know they are going to go down and the quality is going to pick up.
I had my go round with Big Box er Best buy a few days ago....I have a gift card for $350 in place of my 22" TV they decide was to be trashed because they deemed their warranty covers replacement with an equivalent priced set and not an equivalent set.
The really blows. I got lucky and got a full refund. They tried to give me the similarly priced crap. I asked them to pay the difference on a tv that had the same features as the one I was returning. They didn't go for that.
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4