How hard to fix?

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
BG_001

How hard to fix?

Post by BG_001 »

One of my speaker channels on my home theatre amp blew. Wondering how hard it would be to fix and if I cant do it, if you think best buy or somebody could do it relatively cheap?
2003 Nissan 350Z
Alpine INA-W900
Alpine Type R 6.5 Comps
Phoenix Gold RSdc 102 (2)
Phoenix Gold X200.4
Box by www.zenclosures.com
Ahsmo
Ssssssailor

Re: How hard to fix?

Post by Ahsmo »

BG_001 wrote:One of my speaker channels on my home theatre amp blew. Wondering how hard it would be to fix and if I cant do it, if you think best buy or somebody could do it relatively cheap?
Open it up and try to find what is blown. Take pictures and post them here and maybe Cecil or doc may be able to tell you what is wrong.
'98 Maxima gone
'03 350z gone
08' Silverado gone
13' Audi S4
BG_001

Post by BG_001 »

well i figured out I can run it in 6ch stereo mode and just not use that channel at all. as long as I am not running it in dolby mode it works. granted, it does cut out the whole surround sound aspect right now. but then again, I dont have a center channel and I have not run the wires through the walls yet. So as of right now, the 4 speakers just sit on both sides of the tv. so it seems to be working for now.

when I get a center channell I will definately have it looked at.
2003 Nissan 350Z
Alpine INA-W900
Alpine Type R 6.5 Comps
Phoenix Gold X200.4
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Might want to have it looked at sooner...rather than later....figure out what caused the channel to go out....

May cost you more later if more damage occurs....
Blown caps....
fires...smokes.....funs....
BG_001

Post by BG_001 »

Wakeup wrote:Might want to have it looked at sooner...rather than later....figure out what caused the channel to go out....

May cost you more later if more damage occurs....
Blown caps....
fires...smokes.....funs....
good point. I know when it happened. It happened like a week after I bought it 2 years ago. There was a really bad thunderstorm here and the apartment complex I was living in at the time got struck... boom, blown speaker channel.

But yeah, I guess I can get it looked at soon. Not a whole lot else im doing with my time. Other than school. :beer:
2003 Nissan 350Z
Alpine INA-W900
Alpine Type R 6.5 Comps
Phoenix Gold X200.4