Cobra XRS R9G radar detector

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Cobra XRS R9G radar detector

Post by Mackenzie »

This would be my newest toy as of today 8) Simply put, hands down the best radar detector ive came across. It still needs to be hard wired in for a cleaner look, but that can wait for another day.

Here is a link

http://cobra.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=p ... egory_ID=3
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

The last Cobra I bought was a complete piece of crap, since then I have bought nothing but Bel. Right now I have a Vector 995 and it has been the best radar I have used to date! My dad has a Valentine One, and it's pretty nice as well. Come back here in 6 months and let us know how the Cobra is holding up! :D
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Meh, the 995 is ok, but it doesnt have half the features the cobra has. Will keep you posted though :lol: Not sure about what cobra you had, but it was not the r9g. r9g > 995
Last edited by Mackenzie on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Radar Roy seemed to like the Bel a little better, but the Cobra seems to be a nice unit. I have not seen this model around, but I have not been in the market for a new radar for a while now. I hope it does well!

Linkl to Cobra

Link to Bel
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

The bel doesnt have the new pop radar detect feature, atleast from what I can see. Also the 995 doesnt alert you about emergency vehicles, railroad crossings, speed and camera enforcement redlights,GPS global positioning system, vehicle speed and many more features.. Will keep you posted on how it does though.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

My old Cobra unit worked maybe half of the time, and mostly too late to offer any real protection. It has saved me from most tickets though.

I recently switched to a V1, and now I get radar traps from 1km away, around a corner, and down a hill. Cops on the highway I get something ridiculous like 5km away... it's insanity. :shock:
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Not sure of these old units you speak of, but the 9g does not lack range period. Gives me all the time in the world to slow down, not to mention the photo enforcement is prettty nice aswell.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Tom's referring to the Cobra unit I now use... it's on the low end of radar detector units.

I briefly looked into this unit and yes, it seems to have quite the boat load of features and is no slouch at detection, but you can't blame people for questioning the Cobra name because they've certainly released some less-than-stellar products.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Ok yea I understand, i mean I would never buy a low line cobra, I sell them at work, and I never reccomend them to anyone.
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

unit hardwired in. It matches my 880 8)

stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Shouldnt you put that on the other side, where it is easier to reach?
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

yea I will probably move it over. I have 2 cig lighter plugs, so it just was convenient to put it there at the time. Now that the other part is hardwired in, I will probably move it.