crystal...?

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
scorpio86

crystal...?

Post by scorpio86 »

anyone heard anything about crystal mobile sound stuff? just curious. i like the looks of some of their coaxs.. the tweeter is a bridge mount over the woofer w/ ext. crossovers.
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

the only thing i see that i don't like is the titanium tweet. (my personaly tastes)

also, if you think you will drive them hard, the Neo magnet probably isnt a good long term idea. neo magnets loose their Charge when they get hot (permanently) so over time can lead to a very sloppy speaker if you aren't responsible with them.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

yeah ive never really heard good things about titanium tweets, but the design they incorporate into them kind of makes sense.. as far as the ringing thing goes. i didnt know that about neo magnets. i kno boston uses them in their highend stuff, and have always heard of course less weight but more output as convential ironferrite but. what kind of time do you think it would take to drain one? like a year or two at rated power.. or more like 5 ... ??
Bfowler
Briaans..... BRIAAAAANNNNNNS

Post by Bfowler »

i'm not really sure, i guess it depends on its ability to dissipate heat, and how much heat is generated overall

here's the wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neodymium_magnet

i don't think its a ticking time bomb (decaying over time)....more like nitro-glycerin. (one mishap and its over)

i think if you ran it at rated power it would be fine for many years.
my ex-girlfriend said "its car audio or me"
i've had tougher choices at a soda machine...
scorpio86

Post by scorpio86 »

anyone heard anything about their woofers?