Bought HDTV need Phorum users input on warranties

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
KHPower
Location: In the Phoenix Phorum's boiler room , east of the janitors closet

Bought HDTV need Phorum users input on warranties

Post by KHPower »

I purchased a Samsung HDTV 46’’ around two weeks ago and ofcourse the Circuit City kid asked me about 10 times if I would like to buy there extended warranty. I politely told him that I was going to think about it a little more. The reason why I told him that is because through one of my distributors I can get Repair Master /Warrantech extended warranties for cost and I would like to compare the Circuit City extended warranty with that of warrantech.

I would like some of phorum users opinions and input. I will list in a nutshell what both of the warranties cover:
Repair Master:

Will cover everything that the Samsung 1 year warranty covers but will extend that to 5 years for around 160.00 dealer cost.
Pixel damge policy is kinda flaky as Samsung says its normal to have 1 or two pixels dead with each set and I thin kin order to have a warranty request on pixel damage over a certain amount has to be dead.

Burn in (yes LCD Tvs can have burn in ) is not covered by the Samsung warranty.
In home repair(no sending out the unit) and my guess they have a contract with a place here in town that repairs tv’s

Circuit City service plan:

$499.99 for a 5 year extended plan ( I think financing is available)
In home repair

If a part is unavailable for repair Circuit City will replace the tv with the most current model

If even 1 or two pixels is dead they will fix it.

All lamps and boards are under warranty for 5 years

Ofcourse there is alot more to both the warranty services but as a business man I also know that warranties are offered to make profits because 80 percent of the time there will never be a problem.

The price is a factor 500 bucks to 160.00.

What do yall think , what would you do? Anyone have expeirience with buying warranties?

Thanks everyone in advance
[color=#8040BF]Kenwood 993
Team Sundown:4500D
(2) Digital Designs 9500's
6 Cubes tuning 3 HZ
Team Kinetik: HC3800 ,(2),1200s (2) 600's
Factory Authorized Kinetik ,Sundown,MB Quart Dealer[/color]
kg1961
Got wood?

Post by kg1961 »

I used to work for A&B sound in calgary
warr. is peace of mind but I alway buy it on items I can't just go and buy with one or 2 pay checks
I would rather pay a bit than have to buy a new one in 3 years.
I bought a 62" toshiba dlp rear projo 19month old now and it did failed 15 month into it they fixed it for free
at the time the tv was 2800. I can't pull that much money out of my ass for a tv in a month or 2
they are a 50% profit to the sales guy that why they want you to buy it
If things were made better and slower electronics would not have they problems
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
KHPower

Post by KHPower »

Thanks for the input Mike 8)

I wish they would just add the warranty to the price and offer it as FREE!
6 Cubes tuning 3 HZ
kg1961
Got wood?

item

Post by kg1961 »

I hear that
most of my gear is gone :liar:
2020 honda accord sport
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

$500 for a warranty is steep! with the way flat panel prices have dropped, i wouldnt be surprised if you could get a new tv for a few hundred dollars more. the master repair warranty sounds much better to me! i have a 46" samsung lcd and i love it!

mike did you have problems with your TV's lamp burning out?
KHPower

Post by KHPower »

I di decide to go witht he Repair Master from warrantech. I got the 2000.00 and under plan for 139.00 even and basicly extends the manufactures for 5 years.

i think with good care and maitenence these can last for what they are worth , I mean in 3 years if a lamp goes out , ill have them come out and replace it.

Circuit city had this girl basicly call me twice and almost beg me for their warranty and I told her that the warrantech has all the options that the circuit city would have and she started rambling on about strange guys coming to my house yadda yadda yadda

Technically I am a Samsung Dealer , I signed some papers abouit a year ago so I could sell there products. I could of saved alot of money buy this tv from a supplier but I wanted the 30 day warranty and I didnt want to take any chances shippiong the TV. I have had no luck lately recieving things via UPS or Fed Ex.

What model of Samsung do you have? I have the LNA650 touchj of color. Great LCD!
6 Cubes tuning 3 HZ
davidc81

Post by davidc81 »

KHPower wrote: What model of Samsung do you have? I have the LNA650 touchj of color. Great LCD!
i have the lnt4661. love it w ps3!
KHPower

Post by KHPower »

Sweet! I was amazed when I played madden 09 using the 360 ! When something broadcasts in 1080P you are in for a treat!
6 Cubes tuning 3 HZ