Ipod/Itunes Question

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
AVICJR
Team Coach

Ipod/Itunes Question

Post by AVICJR »

Sorry for asking all these tech questions but I know you guys will have an answer. I recently had to clean everything off my computer (because of a virus) to its original state.

Question: If I reinstalled itunes and I manually load songs on my ipod so that I don't have to use up the memory on my computer, when I hook up my ipod to the computer for the first time will it wipe it out ie.. I clean out the library after I load a CD. Does the settings for the ipod stay on the ipod or are the settings on the itunes page? I'm scared to hook it up because I have about 15 GB used up and I don't want to have to go to the trouble of reloading every CD again.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Why not get a program that takes the songs off the iPod and puts them back on your computer? Those have saved my ass numerous times.

I wouldnt want to keep stuff on only the iPod. Too many people I know wreck the hard drive by dropping them. I have a god damn graveyard of them in my computer room.
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

Any software suggestions?
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Mac or PC?

Probably PC judging from your wallpaper question...

I honestly have no idea. V:?V I hate Windows. Try Google :wink:
AVICJR
Team Coach

Post by AVICJR »

PC

Thanks for the help stipud. I'll check it out.
BH
Wretched Simmons

Post by BH »

There was a decent java one that I used a while back that would work for pc mac or linux and you could drop it on the ipod for execution on any box. I found it on freshmeat.net