Blackberry bold Coming Nov 4th!

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
Mackenzie
Where all da white women at?

Blackberry bold Coming Nov 4th!

Post by Mackenzie »

Who all is getting one? I just opened up a new contract with at&t, so I will just exchange my blackberry 8820, since it will be within the 30 day period 8) Any blackberry fanatics here?

http://crackberry.com/t-blackberry-bold ... vember-4th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vcp2rvs2ZP4
Francious70
Half Baked

Post by Francious70 »

I just got a curve about a month ago and I love it. That's where I'm posting from now actually
Boomshackalacka
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Hehe... we've had those at work for at least a year now.
deathcloud

Post by deathcloud »

stipud wrote:Hehe... we've had those at work for at least a year now.
WTF! do you work for blackberry or something? I have the blackberry 8310 and I love mine. I do not have the email/internet thing yet as I was a poor college student but now that I am working and getting money I think I am gunna get the plan now. but i wonder which one will be cooler, the storm or the bold. either way i love my blackberry and will keep it. F the Iphone!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Tom works for a company that provides a lot of cell phone companies with their phone "portals". Everything from design to implementation to hosting. He has to test his code on countless handsets.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

stipud wrote:Hehe... we've had those at work for at least a year now.
They must have been very buggy then, because the phone has been very buggy until these last few updates, so you werent officially working with the finished model 8) btw, did you get a chance to use the blackberry storm yet?
Audiophiliac

Post by Audiophiliac »

Im having fun playing with my new G1. Slick little device for sure. :)
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

The bold was pretty buggy. Upgrading them sometimes broke them completely and we had to send them back to be fixed. Pretty annoying when you've got work that needs to be finished, and you don't have a phone to test with. That and all the marketing/manager people kept stealing them to show off. :roll:

The browser had a bunch of glitches as well.. Couldn't render more than two cells in a table, otherwise it would start overlapping them... Fortunately they fixed it and I didn't have to implement a special version of the storefront just for that phone.
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

I would really like to have a blackburry but on my budget I can't affod the fee per month for the data service we get charged here. For now I have to stick with my shitty little samsung m300
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

gridracer wrote:I would really like to have a blackburry but on my budget I can't affod the fee per month for the data service we get charged here. For now I have to stick with my shitty little samsung m300
We're still getting raped on data despite a couple "ok" deals floating around here and there :roll:

Hopefully the new companies entering the market in 2009 and on will have a shake up effect. I wonder what Shaw is going to do out west... they love to talk about how they don't make you sign contracts but in the wireless industry things are so stuck in the SIGN FOR THREE YEARS AND GET A "FREE" PHONE bullshit that I don't know if they'll be able to compete unless they present potential customers with an equally shitty deal that makes a new phone seem free when it really isn't (and thus require contracts).
harobkr90

Post by harobkr90 »

i'm on my third blackberry. imo they're the most user friendly, i really like the icon interface and the bold is a little wider and taller than the curve i have now. would highly recommend any blackberry device. i skipped my old 7290 across a parking lot and it still worked. :lol:
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Once Canada has enough Americans dependent on blackberries, that's when we'll start the massive extortion plan.

Good luck and Godspeed!
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

i have had the HTC TyTN for about 18/24 months now.. Started with WM5, now have WM6 and absolutely love.. nothing more than a laptop top in the pocket, with phone and camera... Like to get the TyTN II, but cant swing it quite yet... I have had hands on with blackberrries, but just havent found that I like them as much as the TyTN, or anything from HTC for that matter... HTC KICKS ASS, and their customer support, and warranty/repair department is knock down great! communication(s) the whole way through to shipping it back and even followed up i got it and everything was okay?? Love it!
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

mhyde71 wrote:i have had the HTC TyTN for about 18/24 months now.. Started with WM5, now have WM6 and absolutely love.. nothing more than a laptop top in the pocket, with phone and camera... Like to get the TyTN II, but cant swing it quite yet... I have had hands on with blackberrries, but just havent found that I like them as much as the TyTN, or anything from HTC for that matter... HTC KICKS ASS, and their customer support, and warranty/repair department is knock down great! communication(s) the whole way through to shipping it back and even followed up i got it and everything was okay?? Love it!
You actually LIKE windows mobile? AAHHHHHHHH *head explodes*.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote:
mhyde71 wrote:i have had the HTC TyTN for about 18/24 months now.. Started with WM5, now have WM6 and absolutely love.. nothing more than a laptop top in the pocket, with phone and camera... Like to get the TyTN II, but cant swing it quite yet... I have had hands on with blackberrries, but just havent found that I like them as much as the TyTN, or anything from HTC for that matter... HTC KICKS ASS, and their customer support, and warranty/repair department is knock down great! communication(s) the whole way through to shipping it back and even followed up i got it and everything was okay?? Love it!
You actually LIKE windows mobile? AAHHHHHHHH *head explodes*.
I do, I do :oops: :lol: :lol:
harobkr90

Post by harobkr90 »

fuzzysnuggleduck wrote: You actually LIKE windows mobile? AAHHHHHHHH *head explodes*.
I had a Samsung Blackjack and wanted to burn it!
I couldn't stand windows mobile simply because of the messaging and all the windows you have to navigate.
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

for me...and it may not be just the fact of WM6...but everyother phone I've tried, I.e. dash's, blackberrie's, and the like, I just can do the smaller keys like that.... I do A LOT of texting on the road and stuff... and just couldn't make it happen with those styles of phones... the TyTN is slider and with a pen I can text, surf, etc... fairly easily and even shoot quickies out whilst driving...which we all know I shouldn't be..but traffic up here in the woods/hills is nominal, not like metro areas anyways...i.e. Boston, NYC, or the like....
what are you referring to by windows and having to navigate through them?? I just don't know what you are referring to... I don't navigate through a lot of windows...at least don't think I do...
what windows
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

I'm anti-cell phone...... :wink:
Haven't had one for years now...... It just makes you way too "available" if ya get what I'm sayin.......

Yer girl calls and you don't answer.... Who are you screwing?????
-OR
Yer buddy calls and ya don't answer.... Who are ya porkin????? Hit me back....

We have a pre-paid that we take on trips and when the wife and my squirt(s) are out and about just incase but I hate them......
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

I still have my first ever cell phone, a basic nokia 6020. I don't have voicemail for the similar reasons you talk about, Harold. I don't want the responsibility of calling people back. I don't want it to be my responsibility to get a hold of someone who couldn't get a hold of me. If you need to get a hold of me and I'm not answering my phone, too fucking bad. Get a hold of me via email or call back until I do answer.
bretti_kivi
Shutterbug

Post by bretti_kivi »

Blackberry? Meh.

Symbian FTW :) (the office I work in is around 2km from Nokia HQ. Guess what all the family phones are?)

that is all.

Bret
harobkr90

Post by harobkr90 »

you guys make a great point with the responsibility to call back thing. i guess i never thought about that. i'd much rather text or email anyways.
voicemail sucks. if someone leaves you one. there's so many steps before it's resolved. you have to call your voicemail, enter a password if you have one, listen to "hi, call me back", delete it or save it(why would you) and then you have to call the person back that you didn't want to answer in the first place.

but for emergency purposes cell phones are quite convenient.
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

bretti_kivi wrote:Blackberry? Meh.

Symbian FTW :) (the office I work in is around 2km from Nokia HQ. Guess what all the family phones are?)

that is all.

Bret
Nokia bought enough of Symbian to make it open source. That and they bought Trolltech, the makers of Qt/Qtopia for their Maemo platform. Should be interesting...
Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie »

Nokia= 90s 8) They all look so old. Anyways, here is a nice comparison..

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/08/ ... to-shreds/

Oh btw, 5 more days 8)
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Mackenzie wrote:Nokia= 90s 8) They all look so old. Anyways, here is a nice comparison..

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/08/ ... to-shreds/

Oh btw, 5 more days 8)
90s, huh?

Now that's 90s! I actually had one of those phones as a kid, the startac. I didn't actually have a service plan or anything, my friend found it. I used it to scan and listen to calls (many cells were analog), was pretty sweet. I was listening in on calls on 9/11, found some pretty hyped up people chatting about it!
joyride

Post by joyride »

Personally, Im just waiting to see the interface on the blackberry Storm. Everyone says the the floated screen works very well on it. They could have really screwed up with it, so lets just hope it is as nice as everyone says.