Megadrum!

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

Ruler, Schmuler!
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
rolandk

Post by rolandk »

Nice! I hope you have insulators underneath the PCBs. Are you planning on leaving it like that or adding standoffs?
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

rolandk wrote:Nice! I hope you have insulators underneath the PCBs. Are you planning on leaving it like that or adding standoffs?
Yep, there's an insulator under there...

I was thinking about standoffs, but the ones I already have are for ATX-style computer motherboards and they accept just slightly larger diameter screws (again, computer-style screws) that just don't fit through the pre-drilled holes in the PCB :(

I really want to find a better case and measure everything out properly so it doesn't look so ghetto, but that's a secondary requirement right now, I want to get this bad boy fully operational so that I know I can return the Roland TD-3 that I'm currently renting and be all set. After that, I'll hunt down either something hilarious and awesome (as Tom suggested, an actual drum would be cool) or something nerdy and professional-looking.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner