BASH 500

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
Thumper88

BASH 500

Post by Thumper88 »

So I got a Bash 500 today, bought from bdubs767. I want to say thanks and he held up his part of the deal.

Working at a contract circuit board manufacturer in the hand soldering department, it's part of my job to check over the work that has been previously done (usually by machines--wave solder, surface mount, selective solder...etc).
Well, the first thing I did when I got it is checked it over.

I guess their QC thought it was okay...one out of two RCA inputs is good enough....

:lol:

They do go to the same place...but still...wtf. :?

Not hard to fix, just makes me wonder about the quality of the rest of the amp.
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

Let us know how that amp works out. I've been looking at the OAudio one's for a while now.
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

That could have sheared off in shipping as well. Obviously the joint was soldered and attached at one point in time... so it's probably not a QC issue.

I was really underwhelmed by its circuit board, but I did measure it to produce its rated 500w RMS power without clipping. Considering I run it at the lowest possible crossover setting, I do not notice any flaws in the sound quality either.
Thumper88

Post by Thumper88 »

No, just poor soldering...as you can see there is absolutely no solder on or in the gold cup of the terminal...RCA jack wasn't heated up enough for the solder to flow...that's why all the solder is just balled up on the wire itself.

Will let you know how it works out. It's going to be powering one of my old friends....Adire Audio Shiva Mark IV in an 85L Vented enclosure.