Satellite FTA

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
VW337
Meatgician

Satellite FTA

Post by VW337 »

As MR Wakeup said he had a downed box, I felt a new thread may be in order.

Myself a user of the Nfusion Nova, and happy as a clam.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

I can't wait to get a house of my own so I can do this. Right now I have Direct TV because that is what the landlord has. It's ok for now, but I can't wait to switch over. :twisted:
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Re: Satellite FTA

Post by Wakeup »

VW337 wrote:As MR Wakeup said he had a downed box, I felt a new thread may be in order.

Myself a user of the Nfusion Nova, and happy as a clam.
Nfusion of course! It's been pretty bullet proof. There was what? maybe a few days? or maybe a week, like what 6 months ago when we didnt have tv...But has been running great for over a year no probs.

I Do have a captive works 600p works fine, just hate the menu system.
That box worked tho when Nfusion was down....so can't complain.
And some Bluejay boxes (however the support is not there....have to try old flashes to make it work....)sux...they were really nice boxes...worked as good as the Nfusion but had to manual flash etc...

There used to be a thread for FTA stuff. But it died...hehe...

I'd like to see if we can keep it going! :) Then I dont have to go anywhere else for anything.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Are you guys running a single dish or multiple? Are you getting HD channels? How many channels do you guys get?
[url=http://www.usbr.gov//][img]http://www.usbr.gov/images/banner-3.jpg[/img][/url]
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

I roughly get 600 channels.
I dont have an HD tuner, so no HD for me.
I am running a single dish pointed to 110 and 119. Dishnetwork.

I am kind of a noob on Sats right now...
I'd like to try to get the other two sats that I should be able to get if I get Bev. But kinda lazy to work on that right now.

I actually have two dishes up, but they are for separate TV's.
mr tibbs
Forum Goatee

Post by mr tibbs »

Do you have to have separate dishes for separate TV's?
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

For my dish I have the dish pro dual LNB unit, pointed at 110 and 119 no HD. I will be upgrading to the Pro 1000.2 pointed at 110, 119, 129 for HD and then feeding a second dish to 91.

I've been running this unit for only a few months now but no serious down time, maybe in total 15-20 minutes.

I have had 0 luck with the PVR function as the record quality blows and the software for it is even worse.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

hehe ya...pvr works fine for me...do you go to any special sites for support?
I've been using the Nfusion box....for a bit over a year...maybe almost two actually.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

I'm running Vista 64 ultimate.......the PVR software works but as mentioned there is no settings for the video quality. The Original video from the box is not great on a 60" but looks nice on my little set. The low bitrate recordings are unbearable on a big TV.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Ya true...I agree there that the quality is not as good.

So do you have special places to go for support for your box?
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

I spent a little time at lyngsat looking at what birds I needed. I also picked up some bin files over at nfusionforum.com.

Not an avid surfer but read enough to get everything working, I know I am likely missing something somewhere, but I really don't watch enough TV to care.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Hehe...I hear ya. Try ftabins dot net.
some good info on occasion, and in case you have to manually download anything it is available there. Also available for other boxes as well.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

Anybody know of a good PCI card style receiver that has .bin upgrade ability?
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

PCI Card style receiver? hmmm...no...what have you seen? Or what exactly are some ideas that you are looking for?
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

Found one that is mentioned on boards commonly if you google "satellite + PCI" but can't find details beyond cost. The issue is it's out of the UK so would not work on this side of the pond.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

Nfusion has just recently dropped support for the Nova, with out saying as much.

essentially an update came out for their 3 new models one of which is identical to the nova except the paint job, and look no update available for the Nova.........

I am not impressed with the method they have discontinued the item by saying nothing and just stopping software support with no comment and a smoke screen. I really am debating if I'll buy a newer model because of this.
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

VW337 wrote:Nfusion has just recently dropped support for the Nova, with out saying as much.

essentially an update came out for their 3 new models one of which is identical to the nova except the paint job, and look no update available for the Nova.........

I am not impressed with the method they have discontinued the item by saying nothing and just stopping software support with no comment and a smoke screen. I really am debating if I'll buy a newer model because of this.
Point your dish to BEV 91

http://www.dishpointer.com/

And with 91 I get about 430 channels found....and of those I get a majority that work with the nova still, with the 150.3 flash.
Dont throw away your nova box yet Errin!
Worse case scenario, you could replace the network card inside and convert the nova to solaris. There may be no boxes that work for a little while....most of the other boxes can't even do what the nova does currently on BEV!
So unfortunately I do not like the way NFUSION has come about with their flash, but there aren't very many boxes that have the success rate as NFUSION has given.

Also if you can get 82......(I can't...)....heard you have to be higher up north to get it, but if you can, you can squeeze a few more channels....
also 61.5 I believe (however I havent tried to reaim to get 61.5 yet. Just because I have to move the dish in a different spot.

Oh and on 91, we can now spy on Canadian TV! :)
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Aren't dish and bev switching to nagra4 or something I heard dish is already down is there new recievers out yet the will work on nagra 4?
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

I think it's the N3 cards not sure.....
But the Nfusion Solaris boxes seem to be the only ones working with MOST of BEV and some of Dish.

And the Nova box seems to be doing fine with BEV....

There's still some channels that they are working on getting in.
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

If you replace the card it just gets past the security check then fails. They have found a way to nuke this too.

I am aware of 91 being up, just need to re-point, not really wanting to get back up there after I just go it dialed in.

Not tossing my box out yet.
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

Dishes suck! LOL I guess working for Comcast Cable and getting it free as part of my pay makes me a little biased. I don't have anything against dishes, accept paying for one I guess.
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Misfire wrote:Dishes suck! LOL I guess working for Comcast Cable and getting it free as part of my pay makes me a little biased. I don't have anything against dishes, accept paying for one I guess.
Paying for cable or satellite, I would take cable every time. However, these guys aren't paying for their sat... beyond the cost of the box at least ;)

I might have to try this out in Vancouver. I hate TV in general, and paying for HDTV channels is outrageously expensive here, so I just have the most basic cable you can get.
Misfire

Post by Misfire »

free is free.... take it anyway you can!
fuzzysnuggleduck
Soy Milquetoast

Post by fuzzysnuggleduck »

stipud wrote:
Misfire wrote:Dishes suck! LOL I guess working for Comcast Cable and getting it free as part of my pay makes me a little biased. I don't have anything against dishes, accept paying for one I guess.
Paying for cable or satellite, I would take cable every time. However, these guys aren't paying for their sat... beyond the cost of the box at least ;)

I might have to try this out in Vancouver. I hate TV in general, and paying for HDTV channels is outrageously expensive here, so I just have the most basic cable you can get.
If you build an antenna, you can get a couple OTA HD channels here in Vancouver, I've read.
SOLD: '91 PG 4Runner
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

stipud wrote:

I have had cable, sasktel max, starchoice and bell I would pay for satellite anytime over cable. Way more channel choices.