Older Phoenix Gold Structured wiring Panel with Audio module

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
Aledrell

Older Phoenix Gold Structured wiring Panel with Audio module

Post by Aledrell »

My home came equiped with a six room, two speakers per room audio system. The motherboard inside has six terminal blocks for four 16 gauge stranded wires, these blocks the wireing on these blocks I assume goto each room volume control. There are two other four wire terminal blocks which I assume come from my reciever. Now the builder prewired eight rooms yet this system looks maxed out at six rooms. I wanted to install speakers in my kitchen but there are no blocks left. This is a phoenix gold system yet no model numbers are anywhere. I need to know how I can add the kitchen to this system, is there another module with eight stations I can put in the panel and replace this module? Is the volume control in the living room powerful enough to push another set of 8in speakers in the kitchen? I do not want to have to replace all the volume controls in the house and would like whatever I add to be compatable. Internet searches for this system I have turned up nothing. Could use any advice, thanks in advance.
Grim0013

Post by Grim0013 »

Hmmm, trying to understand how this system works. I don't deal with these types of systems really, but if I can understand how the particular system works, I can probably work out some sort of workaround to get what you want. Probably via secondary switching, but too early to tell. How do you determine which room the sound is going to be active in? What about multiple rooms?
Octane Limited Edition (maybe for sale soon)
MS2125TA MS2250TA (Thanks Wakeup)
MS2125 x 2 (white, need caps)
MS275 (Burr Browns and fresh caps - Thanks, Matt)
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

I think you are talking about the Phoenix Gold SAM-100 unit. 120watt 6 channel?! I believe...

there is a SAM-200, and I believe it is 240 watts, and is 12 channel...

http://www.avdeals.com/homeautomation/s ... lector.htm
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I think this is the first PG home audio question I've ever seen.
Aledrell

Thanks

Post by Aledrell »

Yes the PG SAM 100 is exactly what I have thank you very much. I hope I can find a 200 so I can upgrade my system but it looks like it is out dated and will be hard to find. Do you know what volume controll is comparable to the 11 position selector round knob ones I have now. I don't want to mess things up or are volume controls pretty universal.
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

Ya might try contacting PG here in Portland. 503-286-9300
Don't know who ya'd ask for but I'm sure someone could shed some light.
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
VW337
Meatgician

Post by VW337 »

two units can also be wired in as a pair if you can't find the 200 and do find another 100.
I think we've established that "Ka Ka" and "Tukki Tukki" don't work.
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

I have a couple of SAM panels. I will double check and confirm my stock and get back to you.

thank you

The volume control you have may handle more power then you'll need. How loud do you plan on playing sound in the kitchen?! What receiver do you plan on using?

The best option is to have a a/v receiver that has 2nd power zone a.k. zone2 run the sam panel. Then, have a small separate amp run the kitchen. Run signal from the tape out. Unfortunately, the kitchen will play whatever is playing in the main listening room. The other zones off the sam will play whatever you want without affecting the main listening room.

Let me know if you any additional concerns.
Enjoying great sight and sound does not have to consume your life savings!

www.dc-connections.com
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

dcavaudio wrote:I have a couple of SAM panels. I will double check and confirm my stock and get back to you.

thank you

The volume control you have may handle more power then you'll need. How loud do you plan on playing sound in the kitchen?! What receiver do you plan on using?

The best option is to have a a/v receiver that has 2nd power zone a.k. zone2 run the sam panel. Then, have a small separate amp run the kitchen. Run signal from the tape out. Unfortunately, the kitchen will play whatever is playing in the main listening room. The other zones off the sam will play whatever you want without affecting the main listening room.

Oh ya...I keep forgetting you are from Oregon too! haha
Nice.
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

Wakeup wrote:
dcavaudio wrote:I have a couple of SAM panels. I will double check and confirm my stock and get back to you.

thank you

Oh ya...I keep forgetting you are from Oregon too! haha
Nice.

You know it! The PG route 66 emblem was nice!!! Mine is hanging on the wall.

www.dc-connections.com
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

Did I give you the 66 emblem? soo many things I dont remember! :( I must be getting old!? Or are you talking about something else?!
i must be getting senile too! hahah
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

Nope. I got mine back in 98'. I worked there in 95 then quite, and back in 97-99.

Aledrell,

I do have qty. 1 SAM 105 and qty.1 SAM200 brand new in original PG packaging. I will get back to you with pricing.

Stay tuned!

www.dc-connections.com
mhyde71
Dr. Jekyll

Post by mhyde71 »

dcavaudio wrote:Nope. I got mine back in 98'. I worked there in 95 then quite, and back in 97-99.

Aledrell,

I do have qty. 1 SAM 105 and qty.1 SAM200 brand new in original PG packaging. I will get back to you with pricing.

Stay tuned!
how much for road rte 66 sign??
:lol: prob wont get wake to let his go... heheh :lol:
:shock:
PAST WORK/S HERE::
https://www.facebook.com/KhameleonKoatings/photos_albums
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

mhyde71 wrote:
dcavaudio wrote:Nope. I got mine back in 98'. I worked there in 95 then quite, and back in 97-99.

Aledrell,

Stay tuned!
how much for road rte 66 sign??
:lol: prob wont get wake to let his go... heheh :lol:
:shock:

Sorry, not for sale.

www.dc-connections.com
dcavaudio

Post by dcavaudio »

Aledrell,

Stay tuned!
Prices listed below are dealer pricing. Shipping is not included.
SAM105, $142.00
SAM200, $160.00

The sam105 is a 6 zone on-site switching. I believe you are looking for the sam200. Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

thank you.

www.dc-connections.com