New tv

Want your home to sound as good as your car? Need help buying electronics? Computer problems?
gridracer
RIP

New tv

Post by gridracer »

I have a home entertainment stand that was built at least 10 years ago and it housed a 32" panasonic gaoo until recently I've looking for an HD LCD 1080P to put in it and preferred to buy a Samsung but the biggest one they offered that would fit was 40" and that just wasn't big enough well after searching and shopping around I ended up with a Sony bravia KDL46Z4100. It's a 46" and of course I had to buy the top of line model because the other 46" sony offers wouldn't fit actually no other brands 46" would fit either. Well it fit so perfect it looks as though I built the stand for it. What do you guys think of it? I paid $1825 cad for it
Attachments
005.JPG
005.JPG (366.29 KiB) Viewed 7441 times
dBincognito
Randy Bo-Bandy

Post by dBincognito »

That was a really good deal....IMO

Did you jerk off the salesman :lol: :lol:
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

looks sweet to me. i miss having a real tv ...what is that in the bottom right compartment? it looks strangely familiar, but i just cant place it :lol:
dry with match
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Video Cassette Recorder :scratch: :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
Wakeup
Mr. Nice Guy

Post by Wakeup »

oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:Video Cassette Recorder :scratch: :lol:
I think he was kidding with the smile after the question! :)
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Wakeup wrote:
I know. I waqs scratching my head after as in "people still have those" :lol:
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

dBincognito wrote:That was a really good deal....IMO

Did you jerk off the salesman :lol: :lol:
No I didn't have to play with the salesman. Yeah it was a good deal he showed me cost on it after he gave me the price. He even threw in some alpine stuff because I saw some hats in the back office and asked for free stuff :lol: In the past I have helped them out with installs and stuff and I know all the guys there in fact usually when I go there I am sitting behind the counter on their computer. I have been dealing with the same guy for 20 years there. My next purchase will be a Onkyo TX-NR906 I know what his cost is I am just waiting for the Onkyo rep to get back to him to see if he can get a better price for me like a promo or something.
oldskoolmseriesfan wrote:
Wakeup wrote:
I know. I waqs scratching my head after as in "people still have those" :lol:
Well I have been living here for 10 years and the only thing I have ever watched on it is my old school N.A.M.E. install videos. Which I have since had converted to DVD. So its not even been hooked up for the last 5 years. If you look on the bottom left shelf you will also see some old NES games too.
wash with gasoline

Post by wash with gasoline »

i still have akira with subtitles and teenage mutant ninja turtles on vhs in my closet somewhere. i gave the rest of the movies i had an my vcr to my ex when i moved about a year ago. sold my big screen to :(
dry with match
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Fits like a glove. Now you just need an HD receiver so you can watch the playoffs the way they were meant to be seen!

wash with gasoline -- you really should upgrade your Akira vid. The DVD was one of my "visual SQ" disks... the art is stunning and VHS would never do it justice. Heck I wonder if they have a Blu-ray of it out?
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

stipud wrote:Fits like a glove. Now you just need an HD receiver so you can watch the playoffs the way they were meant to be seen!

wash with gasoline -- you really should upgrade your Akira vid. The DVD was one of my "visual SQ" disks... the art is stunning and VHS would never do it justice. Heck I wonder if they have a Blu-ray of it out?
It is an HD receiver (DSR505-HD) that pic was a commercial on cbc HD thats why its not fullscreen. Soon I will have the HDPVR 530 and give the 505 to my parents.
joyride

Post by joyride »

The Sonys have excellent panels in them. They are one of the best TV's you can get in my opinion. Usually a little pricy, but you got one hell of a deal on that!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

gridracer wrote:It is an HD receiver (DSR505-HD) that pic was a commercial on cbc HD thats why its not fullscreen. Soon I will have the HDPVR 530 and give the 505 to my parents.
[napoleon]Luckyyyyy[/napoleon]

And here I am watching the game on old fashioned poverty vision.
andy600rr

Post by andy600rr »

Any chance of a copy of the NAME video's on DVD??

Happy to pay obviously :wink:

Oh, and nice TV :!:
M25 x 2, M50, M44, M100, Original MS 275, MS2125 & MS2250 (with shroud), XMax 15, White EQ215X, EQ232, PLD1,BLT, MX3, AX-406A, Basscubes, + Soundstream, Earthquake, RF, Boston, OZ Audio & KEF
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

Andy did you get my PM I am open to an offer if its not ridiculous the reason I want what I asked is those name vids were $500 back in the day so I won't just give them away. Plus there is lots of glassman vids to that aren't cheap.

Anyway here is the latest addition to my home theater family.
neverman

Post by neverman »

Looks good.

Have you considered raising the floor standers up on stands like so?

I think it would have a dramatic effect on your sound?
95' M3
Alpine iDA-X305
iPod Classic (120GB ~10k songs)
PG TBAt2 line Driver
PG ZPX2 Active Crossover (x2 1ea.)
PG ZPA0.5 v2 (x2 Black)
Diamond Hex 6.5 (eton), silk tweeters (rear fill 5.25's @-8db)
Soundstream SS-10's (2) in a sealed box
gridracer
RIP

Post by gridracer »

No I haven't ever really thought about doing that maybe I will give it a try. Eventually I would like to get some better speakers suited for home theater and not parties I only have cerwin vega because I got them for cost where I worked.I'll probably being asking for speaker recommendations when I start looking for some new ones.