It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 16 of 16 [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:03 am 

ttocs wrote:
at that point when I make the speaker mount I could not help but think that not sure why but it might look cool to light up the area around the speaker. After a little thought I realized I could use the radar detector led output to light it up red when it alerts. So I used my cnc to make some acrylic rings to mount leds in and then machined a slightly larger ring out of the scrap hdpe from plugging the hole in my door to diffuse the light.
That ring mounts behind the speaker and the acrylic mount I made.
It was then that I realized that the grill that goes over it that has grill cloth on it would block most of the light. So I decided to strip the cloth off of it and sand it smooth and then it occurred to me I had these badges I got YEARS ago that I had been waiting for the perfect place to put them. I think this works.
I used a black pearl paint that has a really neat pop of colors when its in direct light and I smoothed the badges in so they are nearly flush with the surface. But now the most important part, how does it light up?
I am really happy to say its actually brighter than I thought it would be and the HDPE diffuses the light perfectly to make a nice halo.
The alarm has taken me longer than I thought but I realized my wiring standards have risen making for the majority of the install time. That along with getting sick, getting better, my dog getting sick and still cleaning up after him at all hours its taken longer than the 3 hours it use to take. I installed the window module to control both windows in both directions in case the locks should ever fail. Its the black box at the top of the panel and while I was in there I made the plug for the large window motor hole out of hdpe.
I hate bare unlabeled wires so now all wires I run are in color coded techflex and labeled on heat shrink in a few places that I have wire runs. These three runs took me about 90 mins to prep.
and have you ever installed an alarm?
But there is a 65 page manual to help you :) I wish I could show you a few of the tricks I made with out compromising the security aspect. I came up with a really cool starter kill that could not be more out in the open, and yet more hidden because of that. But anyone that is in the car looking for it will have to contend with the interior siren that is a 108db super high pitch siren that is also called an interior pain generator. I have used them before and found them to be successful at fending off some mischevious friends wanting to mess with me when it was just hidden under the dash. I found a mounting spot that could not be any louder where it is located. I still have to wire up the led(which should be cool) and a couple little things but hopefully I can finish it up before I decide to add the strobe lights I am dreaming of now...
yes, a couple hundered of them ive never put the 530, or 535's in the doors though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:35 pm 
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat huh? I have always put them in the door myself if the switches were located there but after some thought its about the same number of wires to go through to the door. I just thought the power/trigger wires were smaller and easier than the switch wires but either works. So explain this one to me I have the 535 installed and wired and its working perfectly from the switch with one touch control and all, but when I arm it the driver side goes up as it should, the passenger side goes down. If I go to vent the drivers acts like it should but then the passenger side that is down after arming it, goes up when I vent it? How can it work correctly from the switch and backwards when under automatic control?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:28 pm 

ttocs wrote:
I guess there is more than one way to skin a cat huh? I have always put them in the door myself if the switches were located there but after some thought its about the same number of wires to go through to the door. I just thought the power/trigger wires were smaller and easier than the switch wires but either works. So explain this one to me I have the 535 installed and wired and its working perfectly from the switch with one touch control and all, but when I arm it the driver side goes up as it should, the passenger side goes down. If I go to vent the drivers acts like it should but then the passenger side that is down after arming it, goes up when I vent it? How can it work correctly from the switch and backwards when under automatic control?
I havent installed many 535s, but check your dipswitches.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:30 pm 

It turns out I wired the drivers side perfect but wired the passenger side perfectly backwards and swapped both the input and the output. This way the switch was backwards, but so was the output so it worked correctly but then when it went to automatic control it was just backwards. Slowly knocking the gremlins out of it but it seems like wack-a-mole...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:06 pm 

ttocs wrote:
It turns out I wired the drivers side perfect but wired the passenger side perfectly backwards and swapped both the input and the output. This way the switch was backwards, but so was the output so it worked correctly but then when it went to automatic control it was just backwards. Slowly knocking the gremlins out of it but it seems like wack-a-mole...
ive done that on 530s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:10 pm 

it was the first time I ever did it like that. I think I have had one of them switched to where the switch was backwards as well but it was easier to diagnose. It might not be the last but I will know for next time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:02 pm 

I was finally able to get some time to put the interior back together. While the seat was out I realized it would be easy to vacuum and I have not done that since I had the accident 6 yrs ago. I was sucking glass from the accident and my old dogs hair RIP. Then before I put the seats back in I realizes they have been safe and covered up but I have not put anything on them in 6 yrs either so I busted out the leather conditioner, took the seat covers off for the first time in years and forgot how nice they look(corebeau napa/alcantarra) and feel. Now I just need it to stop raining so I can get the alignment done.

I am super happy with the compustar alarm and drone system now that its programmed and set up. I am not use to the gps/phone features so that is extra cool. I have one project for the security led that I hope to get working but for now its on/working

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:05 am 

noice bro

Page 16 of 16 [ 383 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16