It is currently Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Page 17 of 17 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:08 am 
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

it will be a DEQ processor but not the PG DEQ. With the 3 way active up front I need at least 10 channels and I can't remember how many the pg had but it was not 10. The prices on the helix DSP pro and audison bit 10 have been coming down now that the new bad boy zapco came out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:57 am 

ttocs wrote:
it will be a DEQ processor but not the PG DEQ. With the 3 way active up front I need at least 10 channels and I can't remember how many the pg had but it was not 10. The prices on the helix DSP pro and audison bit 10 have been coming down now that the new bad boy zapco came out.
Good! lol.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:54 pm 

to get the airspace and design I need and be able to get it in the opening I am probably going to plan a 2 piece box with one section being the spare tire well and the upper portion towards the back seat will house the woofers. To get as much space as possible I will be glassing the bottom of the spare tire well and I am thinking about kerfing the top/round section of it. Never done a kerf board myself but I hope the cnc will make it a little easier to figure out. Anyone else ever done a kerf board?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:15 am 

ttocs wrote:
to get the airspace and design I need and be able to get it in the opening I am probably going to plan a 2 piece box with one section being the spare tire well and the upper portion towards the back seat will house the woofers. To get as much space as possible I will be glassing the bottom of the spare tire well and I am thinking about kerfing the top/round section of it. Never done a kerf board myself but I hope the cnc will make it a little easier to figure out. Anyone else ever done a kerf board?
I've never used a kerf board in speaker cabinets.. General woodworking yes. just gotta figure the right spacing to get the bend radius you want.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:18 am 

I did some kerf cuts and bending of MDF on my Exploder install. It was a little bit of trial and error, but it turned out fine. http://www.phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15111&start=25

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:24 am 

dwnrodeo wrote:
I did some kerf cuts and bending of MDF on my Exploder install. It was a little bit of trial and error, but it turned out fine. http://www.phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15111&start=25

I had forgot about that. I am looking forward to doing it and learning about it. I figure the cnc will make it much easier to adjust since I can control how wide, how deep and how far apart that much better.

I had a bad 2 weeks where I was puking all day, lost 20 lbs and just felt horrible. It was because I was going through a withdrawal from an acid reducer med that I had needed to stop for years but I was fearing that 2 week period. I had been feeling better since I quit/cut back on meat so I decided to do it. I spent the last week cleaning/organizing the garage to get back on my feet. I finally figured out the pressure and speeds needed to polish my paint and I am hoping to finish it up today and get the wax on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:54 pm 

so, I have been busy. I got the polish done and wanted to try out the pinstripe even though I thought the color vinyl was brighter than I thought I wanted. Here is the before pic
So put the stripe on, stand back and I HATE IT... Too bright, too thick just draws too much attention. But I also want to do some stripes on the diffuser that could help pull it together and it does match the rear bumper letters, so I leave it just to see if it grows on me.
An hour later I walked out in the garage and my first thought as I am still not use to the shiney paint was "HELL YES!" It surprised me but every time after that I liked it more.
yea the stripe stays. And then I go to pop the hood and there is water spots on the bottom of it. Upon inspection it looks like the thermostat gasket failed and I get to drain the coolant system for a $2 gasket. Thankfully its on top of the motor, not that big of a deal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:59 pm 

ttocs wrote:
so, I have been busy. I got the polish done and wanted to try out the pinstripe even though I thought the color vinyl was brighter than I thought I wanted. Here is the before pic
So put the stripe on, stand back and I HATE IT... Too bright, too thick just draws too much attention. But I also want to do some stripes on the diffuser that could help pull it together and it does match the rear bumper letters, so I leave it just to see if it grows on me.
An hour later I walked out in the garage and my first thought as I am still not use to the shiney paint was "HELL YES!" It surprised me but every time after that I liked it more.
yea the stripe stays. And then I go to pop the hood and there is water spots on the bottom of it. Upon inspection it looks like the thermostat gasket failed and I get to drain the coolant system for a $2 gasket. Thankfully its on top of the motor, not that big of a deal
I like the red stripe.

damned gaskets, every time.

Page 17 of 17 [ 408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17