It is currently Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




 Page 17 of 17 [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:08 am 
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm
Posts: 14607
it will be a DEQ processor but not the PG DEQ. With the 3 way active up front I need at least 10 channels and I can't remember how many the pg had but it was not 10. The prices on the helix DSP pro and audison bit 10 have been coming down now that the new bad boy zapco came out.



_________________
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:57 am 

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 pm
Posts: 222
ttocs wrote:
it will be a DEQ processor but not the PG DEQ. With the 3 way active up front I need at least 10 channels and I can't remember how many the pg had but it was not 10. The prices on the helix DSP pro and audison bit 10 have been coming down now that the new bad boy zapco came out.
Good! lol.



Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:54 pm 
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm
Posts: 14607
to get the airspace and design I need and be able to get it in the opening I am probably going to plan a 2 piece box with one section being the spare tire well and the upper portion towards the back seat will house the woofers. To get as much space as possible I will be glassing the bottom of the spare tire well and I am thinking about kerfing the top/round section of it. Never done a kerf board myself but I hope the cnc will make it a little easier to figure out. Anyone else ever done a kerf board?



_________________
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:15 am 

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 pm
Posts: 222
ttocs wrote:
to get the airspace and design I need and be able to get it in the opening I am probably going to plan a 2 piece box with one section being the spare tire well and the upper portion towards the back seat will house the woofers. To get as much space as possible I will be glassing the bottom of the spare tire well and I am thinking about kerfing the top/round section of it. Never done a kerf board myself but I hope the cnc will make it a little easier to figure out. Anyone else ever done a kerf board?
I've never used a kerf board in speaker cabinets.. General woodworking yes. just gotta figure the right spacing to get the bend radius you want.


Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:18 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:35 am
Posts: 1930
Location: MI
I did some kerf cuts and bending of MDF on my Exploder install. It was a little bit of trial and error, but it turned out fine. http://www.phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15111&start=25



_________________
XS2300, XS2500, XS2300, X200.4, X100.2, Ti21000.4, Roadster 66

I'm gonna become a civil engineer. I'm gonna design septic tanks for playgrounds. Little kids can take shits! You idiot, what the hell do you do?
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:24 am 
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm
Posts: 14607
dwnrodeo wrote:
I did some kerf cuts and bending of MDF on my Exploder install. It was a little bit of trial and error, but it turned out fine. http://www.phoenixphorum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15111&start=25


I had forgot about that. I am looking forward to doing it and learning about it. I figure the cnc will make it much easier to adjust since I can control how wide, how deep and how far apart that much better.

I had a bad 2 weeks where I was puking all day, lost 20 lbs and just felt horrible. It was because I was going through a withdrawal from an acid reducer med that I had needed to stop for years but I was fearing that 2 week period. I had been feeling better since I quit/cut back on meat so I decided to do it. I spent the last week cleaning/organizing the garage to get back on my feet. I finally figured out the pressure and speeds needed to polish my paint and I am hoping to finish it up today and get the wax on.



_________________
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:54 pm 
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm
Posts: 14607
so, I have been busy. I got the polish done and wanted to try out the pinstripe even though I thought the color vinyl was brighter than I thought I wanted. Here is the before pic
Image
So put the stripe on, stand back and I HATE IT... Too bright, too thick just draws too much attention. But I also want to do some stripes on the diffuser that could help pull it together and it does match the rear bumper letters, so I leave it just to see if it grows on me.
Image
An hour later I walked out in the garage and my first thought as I am still not use to the shiney paint was "HELL YES!" It surprised me but every time after that I liked it more.
Image
Image
Image
yea the stripe stays. And then I go to pop the hood and there is water spots on the bottom of it. Upon inspection it looks like the thermostat gasket failed and I get to drain the coolant system for a $2 gasket. Thankfully its on top of the motor, not that big of a deal



_________________
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:59 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 pm
Posts: 222
ttocs wrote:
so, I have been busy. I got the polish done and wanted to try out the pinstripe even though I thought the color vinyl was brighter than I thought I wanted. Here is the before pic
Image
So put the stripe on, stand back and I HATE IT... Too bright, too thick just draws too much attention. But I also want to do some stripes on the diffuser that could help pull it together and it does match the rear bumper letters, so I leave it just to see if it grows on me.
Image
An hour later I walked out in the garage and my first thought as I am still not use to the shiney paint was "HELL YES!" It surprised me but every time after that I liked it more.
Image
Image
Image
yea the stripe stays. And then I go to pop the hood and there is water spots on the bottom of it. Upon inspection it looks like the thermostat gasket failed and I get to drain the coolant system for a $2 gasket. Thankfully its on top of the motor, not that big of a deal
I like the red stripe.

damned gaskets, every time.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:47 pm 
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm
Posts: 14607
I finally got the motor back together and was able to get out to get the alignment done today. The ride there was scary as the steering was off and at the very least not confidence inspiring... But thankfully this guy was not scared of air ride and had me done in less than an hour. I took the long road on the way back and took a cruise through our historic downtown area. Imagine the stereotypical historical indiana river town and this place could film a move here(it has done a couple actually) but the downtown is all 20 mph and slow/easy. I could not help but give it a rev as I cruised past a hemi charger and I know it surprised me that I reved it a little harder than I had planned to so I am sure it surprised him. Gotta love side exhaust at those times an I had the loud button off even but I could not help but give an evil laugh after as IT SOUNDED GOOD.......... The motor really did run nice and the only down side was it got up to 230 on the way back but I think I might have a lead on what to do there. It was also fun to give special instructions to not push the eject button... Also today while I was getting dressed for some reason I could not decide on a shirt till I saw the "phoenix gold rebirth of a legend" shirt they gave out a few years ago and thought oh hell yes thats perfect. Its maybe the 3rd time I have worn it.
Image



_________________
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:06 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 pm
Posts: 222
i keep getting notifications about this thread. 14 of them already, and nothing has changed.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk


Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:01 am 
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:53 pm
Posts: 14607
that is strange I don't even get updates on it and not sure how to do that. But since we are here I will give an update. I suspected the new thermostat was not opening completely so I went in and replaced it and while I was at the auto parts store I got one of them fancey dancey zero spill funnels to fill and burp the system and I have to say I was surprised how much and how long air kept bleeding out. It seems to be holding temp now and I am going to turn the fan on in the tune a little sooner as well as finally upload the fuel learning table to the base now that it has had a little time to learn. After that it should be ready for a drive



_________________
what else can I say I am a grumpy asshole most of the time.
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: momstang rebuild begins.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:14 pm 

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:30 pm
Posts: 222
My car also has a real tough time bleeding air out. At one point i used a jack to change the levelness of the engine to get the air out, some engines have piss valves built in for problem areas. Im sure you could use your air suspension to trim the car out.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 17 of 17 [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: