Back in a MKIII VR6! :)

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
Audiophiliac

Back in a MKIII VR6! :)

Post by Audiophiliac »

Well.....after selling my '96 GTI VR, which I regret...kinda...and my 208 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, and after driving a POS 1990 Jetta GLI that died on me after 2 months, and searching for a month, not coming to any decision on what to get next, I finally bought a car tonight.

And its a GTI VR. Its a '95 and black...my old one was white. It is very solid mechanically as it was previously owned by my old VW mechanic who sold it to his son in law 3 months ago. He sold it to me because they found out they were having another baby right after they bought it.

The paint needs some work in a few spots, but overall its clean. I think the body might be in better nic than my '96 was. The interior is pretty good too....the rear speaker locations were hacked up pretty good, and I will likely replace the panels with OEM ones. He cut some nasty 6x9s in the rear cargo cover...those will be coming out tomorrow. Has a pretty nice and brand new Pioneer Premier deck with USB/Ipod....I will be pulling that too as soon as I pick an amp and put the 8053 in it. :) Front speakers will be replaced as well.

It does not have leather....it has the cool confetti seats, but they are heated. And of course the cruise control does not work....it was an easy fix on my old one...swap the CC computer modules. But being a '95, it is OBDI so less emissions crap on the engine....and dual valve springs compared to singles for '96 and forward. So it techically has a tad bit more grunt. And it has that mean VR6 growl. Nice. I feel at home again in it. :) Just have to get the layers of armor-all off all the plastic bits....why do detailers do that? Seriously!

Anyway, I will post up some pics of it soon. Then I will start working on building a little system for it.
Me-262

Post by Me-262 »

Nice ! I had a 05 Jetta GLX and yes I mis that VR6 growl as well. My Forester may be much faster but it doesn't have the instant torque the VR had. Enjoy !
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

I guess you've figured out your soulmate... err... soulcar. It may not be the best, but dammit, it's YOURS.