gettin my stang back soon!

Have a car? Is it broken? Want to make it faster? Got cool pictures?
ttocs
the Floor Sweeping Hack with Golden Ears

Post by ttocs »

I am not too concerned with burns but will keep it in mind. The tip is nearly even with the skirt so I would have to stick my foot in it to burn it.

the color is dark metalic green and it is the original paint. IT has a couple of dings and chips here-and- there but it is in good shape. I would like to get the dents/dings fixed, get it re-shot the same color and then put some ghost-black racing stripes on it. It is at stock ride hieght and it will remain at that height, the new ground effects hang down another inch to allow for the pipe to go under it.

New tires tomorrow, and then it is off to be detailed with the free coupon I won. I will take some better pics of it and the motor and post them up with the video clip. I got on it today for the first time and was grinnin from ear to ear.
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

here is a quick sound clip. It start off quiet because I am in the car with the window up. I only revved it up to 4K rpms as I am still breakin in the new motor. The sound has a nice cackle and pop to it and kinda reminds me of the sound clip they play during the Z-max commercials of the shelby super snake.

Off to the detail shop tomorrow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vteaWtW-BDs
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

nice..............................
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I moved back to the midwest to be closer to my family. This weekend I was working on my truck, trying to figure out how my dad made a fuse disappear in it when my mom went to leave. I called my dog and we watched her back her prius out of the garage. When she cleared the garage and the dog I went back to work on the truck when I hear a huge "CRUNCH" break the silence. My mustang was behind my truck and she had backed the prius into the door of the stang. She cringed and then put it back into drive and pulled forward, dragging my mirror across the rear quarter panel and tail light. I was suprised the mirror didn't rip off as it caved in a fairly good section of her quarter panel.

The mirror is loose now and there is a good scrape in the paint on the door. We went to one shop and they quoted her $1500, and me $1100. The good news is that my folks had been shopping around on insurance, and when I moved back we all just signed up with new policies that matched their home owners last week. We already had them look up our history and have just not canceled the old insurance yet so we turned it into the old insurance and it looks like I will be getting that hole sides little door dings and scratches fixed, its good to be back in a small town....
Rold Gold
Dirty Harry

Post by Rold Gold »

............................... :doh:
Those tender little burgers with them little, itty-bitty grilled onions that just explode in ya mouth like flavor crystals every time you bite into one.. just makes me want to burn this muthafuka down.... Come on, Pookie, let's burn this muthafuka down!!!
stipud
Voltage Ohms

Post by stipud »

Dammit Mom! :idiot:
oldskoolmseriesfan
Sherlock Homey

Post by oldskoolmseriesfan »

Darn woman drivers :doh: Oh well atleast it was ur Mom. :|
Phorum PI!
Square woofers are GAY!!
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

I thanked her yesterday when the insurance guy called and said that he was mailing me a check! It is good to be home and have friends again. I called a buddy that has had alot of body work/painting done on his projects and he hooked me up with his guy. I went in and showed him the damage and to be honest it was fairly minor. The paint was rubbed but could probably be buffed out with the exception of one small chip and the mirror had some deeper scratches and was a little loose but could probably be repaired. There were alot of door dings on the rear quarter that mom did a really bad job touching up so of course he had to blend past those :hurr: . He would also need to go up the fender, so he should just go ahead and go from bumper to bumper :mrgreen: . When he wrote and $1100 estimate I thought there was no way it would fly. He didn't take any pics, but with my mothers $1700 worth on the prius, he said he would mail me a check with out even looking at pics or the car :D ........
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

the other good news like I said was that we turned it into the old insurance that expires at the end of the month. They just switched companies(after 24 yrs) so that they could get the discount by having their home owner insurance on the same ticket. We got our quotes and started coverage with the new company early last week so they already looked up our history which is nice and clean :whistle:

I would have gone with a cheaper option if that were not the case, I am going to stop by and see how much extra it would be to get the whole car shot........
ttocs

Post by ttocs »

ended up just doing the one side but also painted the mirrors to match. They use to be just a flat black plastic that just didn't seem to match anything else. With them painted dark green it is another small detail that I love.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_ima ... _large.jpg